003

ʜɪʀᴀᴇᴛʜ [ ᴡᴇʟsʜ ]
ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇsɪᴄᴋɴᴇss ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴏʀ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴇxɪsᴛ.

The next morning I smiled as the sunlight shimmered through my thin curtains, the now full morning light splaying over my bed

The next morning I smiled as the sunlight shimmered through my thin curtains, the now full morning light splaying over my bed. I turned over to my alarm to read the time, blinking quickly as the bright red flashing 10:12 came into focus. I immediately felt terrible for Bradley as I remembered just how early the top gun trainees had to wake up, so I rolled out of bed and stretched, ready for the day.

Today was not only the day all the lieutenants started their work forth mission, and the day my dad started teaching for the first time in years, but it as also one of the first days I could actually come into the base and meet all of the aerospace engineering crew as well as a few admirals.

But, it was still pretty early and with a quick glance at the itinerary I checked that I didn't need to be at the school until the afternoon since the pilots were doing dogfight practice. So I slowly walked over to my bathroom and showered, the refreshing water dripping down my back as I thoroughly rinsed my hair.

After way to long in the shower, so much so that my fingers had crinkled, I begrudgingly stepped out and quickly got dressed into some loose jeans and a white t shirt with one of my dad's old jackets over my shoulders. I hopped down the stairs to see Amelia at the table dong homework, and mom in the kitchen cooking god knows what for her new menu.

"Morning honey" mom sung with a cheerful tone that was no doubt due to my dad returning, but I still returned the favour to her as I walked past, picking up the box of cereal on the side to pour into the spare bowl on the table.

I immediately dug into the food, completely unaware of Amelia's narrowed eyes and stare until eventually she got bored and kicked me under the table in the calf. "Ow jesus Ames what was that for?!" I yelped, looking at her with wide eyes. My worried face quickly turned bored however, as soon as Amelia begged the question "Why did Rooster's car pull-up this morning, very early I might add?"

I narrowed my eyes in return as I shrugged, replying "He was dropping me back, and he left as soon as he came." and I silently laughed as mom walked over and sat down next to me, firing back "Amelia, why were you up at three am to hear him anyway?" and the younger girl quickly looked back down to her work and mumbled a "never mind."

Mom and I chuckled as I stood up with the empty bowl, kissing them both on the had but giving Amelia an impossibly tight hug as well to which she whined about continuously, before I decided to do some studying at the Hard Deck, since Jim would be the only one there until the late afternoon.

So I picked up my laptop bag and stuffed in the itinerary for this afternoon as well as my large folder for the topic I was going to revise, before shouting goodbye and hopping down the cobbled path out of the house as I tied the shoelaces to my back converse simultaneously.