002

ʜᴀʟᴄʏᴏɴ [ʟᴀᴛɪɴ]
ᴀ ᴘᴇʀɪᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ɪᴅʏʟʟɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴇᴀᴄᴇꜰᴜʟ.

As my dad was eventually hauled out onto the beach I whipped my head up as my ears recalled the familiar ghostly creak of the old piano in the corner, only now recognising that the jukebox was unplugged

I spun around, eventually turning to the piano to see Bradley rhythmically tapping the keys with skill, his face turned towards me with a welcome arm. I glanced at mom with a grin and she nodded to me with a glint in her eye as i climbed over the bar counter top.

Bradley chuckled at my eagerness to join him at the piano, and moved up to create a seat for me as the lieutenants began to crowd and the locals started to hum in familiarity. I slider in on the small oak seat, Bradley's arm swinging around me as I settled in to the familiar pattern.

Just like all those years ago, Bradley dunked straight into the song 'Great Balls of Fire' and I laughed as he bobbed his head excitedly, the keys of the piano jumping with joy at the idea of being played again.

"YOU SHAKE MY NERVES AND YOU RATTLE MY BRAIN
TOO MUCH LOVE DRIVES A MAN INSANE
YOU BROKE MY WILL, BUT WHAT A THRILL
GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!"

I was in awe as he moved up and down, the locals singing loudly but no where near as powerfully as him. I laughed as he pointed at me the whole time, his hands tapping violently.

As he blasted out the lyrics everyone joined in with the same energy, and like always after the first four lines the lead switched to me, and we carried on like always.

"I LAUGHED AT LOVE CAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY
BUT YOU CAME ALONG AND YOU MOVED ME HONEY
I CHANGED MY MIND, THIS LOVE IS FINE
GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!"

I sung as loud as I could, my voice matching his volume as I shook my head, my hair gradually pulling out of my pony tail. I smiled at Bradley as he stared at me, and I quickly ripped away his sunglasses, placing them on my face as I jumped up and shouted the famous line.

Throughout the song it was like I was taken back to the years before, back when nothing had changed. Every time he smiled at me I remembered all the times we played this when we were smaller and more oblivious to our parent's past. Back when he was still learning the keys but we still sang our hearts out.

We carried on blasting out the lyrics as the rest of the bar followed us, everyone grinning ear to ear as Bradley yet again brightened up the room.

ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴍʏ ɢɪʀʟ - b.bradshaw On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara