I said trying to buy my way out of this man's wahala but he did not even feel moved by my story, you sure say this man get feelings so? I thought in my mind.

"All these ones you are saying is story, you know that as early as 5am you should be awake" Mr. Johnson said still looking at me menacingly

"Sir 5am! Ha! It's too early ooh my dream won't have finished by then and I like completing my dream ooh" I replied shaking my head dramatically.

"You know what? Talking to you is a waste of time. I don't even know why I'm trying to advise you, just go and meet the labor prefect and get your hoe and cutlass; during break I want you to go and clear the back of the Principal's office"

"Ah! Sir why do you hate me like this, that place is too bu.........." I shut my mouth immediately I saw Mr. Johnson's eyes.

"You were saying...?"

"Nothing sir I will go and get my hoe from the labor prefect"

"Good I thought as much, now get out of my side:

"Thank you sir"

I said and ran to the class hoping no teacher was in if not I"ll be in another trouble. Luckily for me I met the class without a teacher inside. I went to my seat ignoring my nosy classmates.

"Temi this one you are frowning so what happened" Tolu my best friend asked coming to sit beside me

"Is it not that bald man, I don't know why that man hates me this much as if I'm the cause of his misfortune" I said frowning wishing I could give him the beating of his life.

"Babe calm down oh, you know the man is your bestie na" Tolu said laughing at me

"Thunder fire you in fact get out" I said pushing her away while the she kept laughing.

A teacher finally entered the class and everyone settled down.

While the teacher taught us my mind was on how I will clear that bush, the thought alone scares me. Someone suddenly threw a paper at me, I turned back to glare at the person and found out it was Ebuka and the idiot was grinning at me.

"Fuck you" I said giving him my middle finger

"Temitope get up" the English teacher said I glared angrily at Ebuka who continued grinning like an idiot before reluctantly getting up.

The English teacher made me stand throughout the entire class and unfortunately for me we had her for three periods. I was most definitely going kill Ebuka after this class. After what seemed like hours her class finally ended and she left. The moment she left I marched straight to Ebuka's seat and grabbed his ear.

"Ahhh! My ear oh" Ebuka wailed screaming like a girl while the class laughed

"The next time you try this rubbish you did today again I swear you won't go home complete hope you heard me"

"Sorry na it's just play I was playing na" Ebuka said begging

"No dey follow me play this kind play if not you no go like wetin I go do you"

"Yes ma" Ebuka replied nodding his big head like an agama lizard. I left him and pushed him away making him land on the ground while his friends made fun of him.

I left the class and went to get my hoe from the labor prefect before going to the back of the Principal's office to clear the bush. One day I'm surely going to get back at Mr. Johnson. I started clearing the bush so I would finish on time. Suddenly I heard gunshots and screams; I paused confused, was I imagining things I wondered. I got my answer when I heard more gunshots I immediately dropped the hoe and rushed out to see what was happening.

I saw some students laying dead on the ground while some were running for their lives. I stood transfixed in one place shocked staring at the dead bodies littered around. I heard someone calling my name but I couldn't even move until someone grabbed me and started dragging me out of the school. I can't believe this I'm I dreaming abi this people are acting drama.

I suddenly released myself from whoever was dragging and ran back to the school compound while the person who dragged me out of the school kept shouting my name but I ignored him and made my way to the class I needed to get my bag, I had a gun in my bag gifted to me by my dad and other valuable things. I entered the class grabbed my bag and took my gun out.

"Help! Somebody help me!" I heard a voice that sounded like Tolu's scream

"Shit!" I ran towards the corner I heard her voice and saw one of the terrorist trying to force himself on Tolu. I immediately picked a big stone nearby and smashed it on his head making him black out for a while. "Come on lets go this place isn't save right now" I said as I helped her up and together we ran towards the school gate. I heard Tolu weeping as we kept passing through the dead bodies of students but I had no time to console her I just kept dragging her whenever she seemed to be lagging behind.

We finally made it outside the school compound after dodging the terrorists. "I have to go home right now and I think you should do the same" I said and tried to leave but Tolu suddenly grabbed me

"Let's go together I can't go home alone I'm scared"

Tolu said still visibly shaken with fright. I just nodded and together we ran to my house.

The school wasn't the only place attacked even on the road there were dead bodies everywhere, people shouting and crying and some running to God knows where from these goddamned terrorists who kept gunning down anyone in sight. Luckily for us we were able to make it to my house without being sighted. I met the door wide open and the house was so quiet making me a little scared. I ran into the house shouting my mum's name while Tolu tagged behind. The house was turned upside down and scattered I was already shaking within me in fright but I tried to still act bold. I checked the sitting room but there was nothing there.

"Mum!" I screamed still looking for her.

I suddenly noticed a blood trail that led to the kitchen so I followed the trail. My heart kept beating loudly in fear and worry.

I got to the kitchen and for a second my heart stopped beating, it seemed as though my the whole world came to a stop. I couldn't stop the pool of tears that rushed out of my eyes at the lifeless body of my mother. I heard Tolu approach me and heard her grasp at the sight disgusting sight before me. Mum was naked and her breasts were cut off; she was staring right back at me lifelessly.

"Mum!!!!!" I screamed in pain and anguish before blacking out.