The hologram

I take the last box out the van. I walk inside the house. "This the last box Jerrica?" "yes it is and then after I'm heading down to Starlight the lady that took over temporarily wants me introduce herself" I state. "Don't worry we'll be fine I swear we'll just unpack all these boxes while your gone" Kimber tells me. "Please do and don't worry about mine I'll get it" "okay don't be to late we have first day Jer" I blow a kiss to them.

I head back out and jump into the car. I turn the key and it starts.

Once I arrive I head into the building. I greet the lady at the desk and head up the elevator. I walk into the waiting room. I see a guy at the desk. "Hi" he looks up from his game. His brown eyes look at mine. It's almost like the world stopped. "Uh hi" "I'm here to see Chelsea Pacheco" he leans over the counter. "And who might you be" "Jerrica Benton" I look at her and smile.

"Rio lighten up" she hugs me. "Im so glad you're here and so sorry about your father" "thank you" I look at him then her. "Oh Jerrica this is my son Rio he's also you and your sisters tour guide for Hyland Prep" I wave to him. "Now Jerrica I hope you understand what's happening" "yes i do" I answer. "You're father left the company to you when you graduate but until then he appointed me legal guardian of you and your sisters and the company until you turn 18" I nod. "Of course" "but there's 25% of this company that goes to a man named Eric Raymond and he wants to take over the company either way" she states.

"WHAT" I shout pissed. "Yes I know but he offered a agreement he already has a band we just need one" "wait are you saying he's wants a Battle of the bands competition" I ask him. "Yes I am in 6 months time until then we need to find a band" I sit down and put a hand on head. "This can't be happening" "I'm sorry Jerrica it's all i could do" I take breathe. "No it's actually a lot of time" I state. "We just need one band right how hard could that be" I ask.

Very hard apparently everyone sucks. I lay my head on the table in the recording room. "Okay guys let's take a break" I state. "You sure Jer I mean we could-" "seriously Shana" I ask holding my head in my hands. "Okay" "don't worry we'll find someone" Kimber encourages.

I give her a weak smile.

The door closes and I lean back in my chair dragging a hand down my face. I stand up and head into the room and grab the guitar. I go to leave when I get an idea and sit on the seat.

Maybe I'm alone out here
And nobody's listening
Maybe I'm the only one
And my voice is echoing
But what if I'm wrong?
And there's a million others just like me
And no, we're not alone, alone
We can be alone together
And no, we're not alone, alone
We can feel alone together
And no, we're not alone, alone
I can see the flashing lights
Oh, but can they see me?
Everybody shines so bright
But I'm in the dark hiding
But what if I'm wrong?
And there's a million others just like me
And no, we're not alone, alone
We can be alone together
And no, we're not alone, alone
We can feel alone together
And no, we're not alone, alone

I hear clapping and look up. Shit the mic was still on.

I put it down and walk out. "Rio forget whatever you just saw" "i don't know it was pretty memorable" I state. "You wouldn't be a bad just get you a drummer a guitarist-" "I- no i don't sing I'm sorry" I state nervously.

"You sure because that sounded like singing" I divert eye contact and bite my lip. "Rio no" I turn to leave he grabs my hand. "Come on you have an amazing voice" "I- I can't" I break free and walk away. "JERRICA JERRICA" he calls out

Once at home I go to my room and see a box. "Oh ya that came today" Aja says walking past my room. "Thank you" I unwrap it and see two pink Star earrings.