CHAPTER 14

Charlene's pov

Frederick and I have been going out every weekend to get to know each other. He was a very nice and funny guy, almost too nice. He was respectful to everyone and didn't use his power to get what he wants. Rumors already spread in both our kingdoms about us meeting and a probable marriage. People seemed excited but I definitely wasn't. What if they want us to have babies? I don't wanna sleep with a gay man.

Today was a Sunday, but not very sunny. It was raining heavily and I wanted to cancel my date with Frederick, but he insisted he had a plan. I waited for him in the throne room and a couple of minutes later he walked in with casual clothes and a cloak. I smiled as he bowed to me, he handed me a cloak as well to protect me from the rain although I don't think it'll do too much.

"So why are we heading out on a stormy day?" I asked getting on Raven's back, he chuckled and jumped on his white horse.

"Because, this place where we're going looks better when it's raining" he said with a small smirk, we started moving with few guards behind us for protection. The whole ride was filled with small talks and jokes about the rumors, I can't believe they think I'm already pregnant with Frederick's baby that's why I'm marrying him.

An hour later, we reached a valley which made me think. Since when did I have this beautiful nature in my kingdom? I looked at Frederick who picked up the pace out of excitement. We went on top of the hills instead of through the valley which was surprising because I thought we'd go inside the hills. Anyways, a few minutes later I was met with a beautiful view,  there was a large waterfall that poured into a lake.

"I thought you might like this place, I brought someone very dear to me here once..." He said thinking very hard as if he was remembering something or someone, he finally woke up from his daydream and gave me half a smile. Maybe that memory saddened him, maybe he lost someone dear, just like me.

"To be honest with you Charlene, I think we should go through with the marriage. Your throne might be at risk without a heir" he said frankly, I grimaced and gave him a disgusted look.

"With all respect Frederick, I am not having a child with you" I said trying not to offend him, but that only made him laugh. He jumped off of his horse and helped off of mine. He was very handsome, if I wasn't into women, well a very particular one, I'd probably be in love with him..

"Well my queen..." He leaned closer to my ear so the guards won't hear our conversations.

"...I wouldn't enjoy it at all because you know" he wiggled his eyebrows, I rolled my eyes and started walking closer to the top of the waterfall. I heard him shuffle around with his bag and he grabbed papers out making me give him a confused look but then my gaze quickly went back to the waterfall I was very close to the edge, one wrong step and I'd fall to my death.

He handed me the papers and I read through them carefully, he has already signed them and there was a spot left for me. If I do sign them I'll be officially his wife, I looked at him and back the papers.

"Isn't it too early Frederick?" I asked while glaring at the soft paper in my hands. He wrapped his arm around my waist and smiled.

"It's been over three months Charlene, I think we've got to know each other enough. You love the color red, you read more than you see your own servants, you hate it when people interrupt or disrespect you and you have a thing for fighting with a sword, which I admire" he said smiling at me, I rolled my eyes amusingly and grabbed the pen from his hand hesitantly signing on the papers.

He carefully grabbed them and handed them to one of the guards, he then smiled at me. I was about to head back to Raven but he stepped in front of me, his face suddenly changing from a genuine smile into a mischievous smirk.

"It would be very unfortunate if the queen accidentally dies? Wouldn't it? The newly wed couple, oh poor king Fredrick already lost his wife dearest" he laughed maniacally, my face paled and I couldn't find words to explain what I was feeling.

"Guards!" I called for them but they didn't budge, they just avoided my eyes and stared at Fredrick like they worked for him.

"I am your queen! And this man is a traitor get him!" I yelled again, how stupid can I be? I didn't even bring my sword with me, Fredrick stepped closer and backed away almost tripping.

"What a waste of beauty, if only you were a simple village girl" he said caressing my cheek, I spat in his face making him clench his jaw and wipe the spit off his face.

"Thank you for saving me the money and the men, I wouldn't have gotten this Kingdom without you my queen" he smirked, before I can reply or talk back he pushed me back and I felt everything around me go by fast, I screamed in hope to wake up from this bad dream but I couldn't, this wasn't a nightmare, it was reality and I was falling to my death. I'll see you again my dear Leonor...

At the collision, the water filled my nostrils and lungs preventing any air from reaching its destination, my heartbeats started to slow and everything went dark in a matter of seconds.

*******************

I-
bye

-S