CHAPTER 11

Leonor's pov

*The previous night*

I went to my room after I dropped off Charlene. Lately I've been making this beautiful ring that I thought would look amazing on her fingers. There was no way I was going to let her win. I need her here, by my side. I looked in the drawers until I found the blue diamond, I smiled and started heading towards her room. I was about to push the door open when I heard a familiar manly voice speak.

"Tomorrow is your last fight, you have to win. For the sake of the both of us. Tonight, I'll give Leo something to drink that'll relax her too much, tomorrow she'll be unable to fight. You can't win against her unless I do this, that gives you a tiny chance to kill her. Just like you desired"

I heard him say, so they've been planning this since the first day. Her playing hard to get then making it look like she fell for me, how stupid can I be. For the first time I let my walls down and let a woman play with me like I was some sort of toy, I looked at the ring in my hand when I finally reached my room. I grabbed the wine and started pouring myself cup after cup. Wasn't I nice enough? Didn't I give her all she wanted? Wasn't I gentle enough? Was she sleeping with Lupus too? All sort of thoughts ran in my head forbidding me from falling asleep.

I went to my desk and grabbed paper and a pen, I wrote a letter to Katia and one for Charlene, I kept writing and burning the papers. Until I finally decided on the final letters. I called for one of my men, I handed him the letters, one is to be sent to Katia and the other to Charlene and forbid him from opening it until the right time.

"You'd know when it's the right time" I whispered patting his shoulder with a sad smile.

*Present*

"Kill me!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, I saw her jump a little almost feeling guilty but then I remembered what she wanted to do and I felt anger rise up. I saw her looking at Lupus for help and I chuckled wiping my tears on my sleeve. I walked closer to him and grabbed him by the hair putting my sword to his neck.

"My brother, my best friend. After all my mother and I have done for you, you stab me in the back?" I cried out, I looked back Charlene who had tears in her eyes as well.

"Now, are you going to kill me or you want me to end him?" I asked, she didn't budge, she kept staring at me as if begging me to stop. With no hesitation I slowly sliced Lupus's neck, with no mercy, I watched as he fell back against me choking on his own blood. I let his body drop on the ground, lifeless.

I sighed, why won't she kill me! End my suffering! Please... I'm begging you.

Or should I just do it myself...

I turned the sword towards me and her eyes widened, the tears in her eyes streamed down heavily. She threw her sword to the side and run to me grabbing my shaky hands that were holding the sword.

"Please...kill me, my love..." I begged, when she didn't move a muscle I pierced the sword. I felt my knees give up on me as I fell on the ground, Charlene's screams were slowly fading away and so was the light.

Charlene's pov

"No! Leo! Please" I tried to go to her but I was quickly dragged away by her men. I kicked and screamed but they didn't flinch, they threw me back inside my room locking it. They stood in front of me and the leader of the group took out a small rolled letter from his pocket.

"With an order from her majesty Queen Leonor, princess Charlene is a free woman to go back to her kingdom and rule as the rightful heir, as for Queen Leonor's kingdom, it would be giving to princess Katia and her family to rule until further notice." He finished handing me the pieces of paper.

"Please pack your stuff, you'll be leaving immediately" he demanded before they all left the room. I looked at the letter falling to my knees, my tears blurred my sight to the point that I couldn't read her writings anymore.

The queen was dead, and it was all my fault. I wish I had told be earlier or didn't make that deal with Lupus in the first place, but I never knew I was going to fall for her. I never knew she was actually a good person who's capable of loving. I sat on my bed thinking of what just happened, hoping that I would wake up from this nightmare.

But of course, it wasn't a dream or a nightmare. It was reality and I saw Leo kill herself with my own eyes, and I am heartbroken.

"Oh my dear Leo...what have you done to me" I cried out, holding my chest in pain. I never felt like this before, not even when my father died. This was a different type of pain that I never wanted to feel.

*******************
I'm sorry....

-S