Chapter 49 - Happy Birthday

Magsimula sa umpisa

- You're always a poet, Shawn. No wonder your music is so successful. You're so intense and passionate. - Rosaly said by kissing him gently on the lips.

- It's not poetry, dear, it's my heart telling you how much you mean in my life. - Shawn took her lips between his and kissed her passionately. When the kiss began to warm, Rosaly pushed him gently and said:

- I would love it if we could stay in that bed a little longer, but I need to remind you that if we don't get up now, we're going to be late for work.

- What's the problem? I'm your boss, remember? - he said kissing her on the face while his hands caressed Rosaly's naked back.

- I know, but I don't want  to make people think I have more privileges than they do. - Rosaly replied.

- Everyone in the studio knows we're together.

- This is no excuse for me to work less than the people there. - Shawn laughed at hearing her words.

Rosaly had an unusual sense of responsibility for her age. That's what you'd expect from someone who's lived a long time on their own, but Shawn knew that in most cases it wasn't like that. He just wanted her not to take life so seriously and have a little more fun. Although he knew he wouldn't change anything that she was, because he loved her just like that.

Rosaly got out of bed and as she went to the bathroom completely naked, Shawn was admiring the beautiful view she had of her back. He had seen her  like this so many times, but his desire for her remained the same. Rosaly's body was one of the things that made him love her with devotion, besides all the other things that were not visible. She was naturally graceful, perhaps for the dance that required an elegant posture, but she had everything right, her rounded shapes without exaggeration were perfect, just as he liked, and Rosaly showed them to him without any modesty. She did not care for his looks upon her, and that security she had over her body, not being ashamed of anything in a clear acceptance of herself, was what made her even more seductive.

Shawn got out of bed with some reluctance and followed Rosaly to the shower. Bathing with Rosaly was another thing he loved to do, and they had done it almost every day since they returned to Canada. And it wasn't just because he loved playing it underwater, sometimes nothing sexy happened, and they just liked to be together under the shower. What he liked was the intimacy they shared, because it made their relationship more and more personal

After bathing, they dressed and had coffee together, leaving soon after on their way to the studio. Rosaly returned to work in his studio a week after they arrived in Canada, and had already adapted very well, and ended up conquering everyone with her sweet way. It had been a month since they had returned, and Rosaly seemed happy with the choice she had made, and that was what mattered most to him.

At first he was afraid she might miss home, but the smile she gave him every day proved to him that she did not regret coming back with him.

It was almost lunchtime and he had arranged for them to have lunch together when he received a message from Daniella. At first he was worried, thinking that maybe something had happened to Rosaly's mother, for she had told him that after her father's death the mother had become depressed and had relapsed several times over the years, and now with her daughter away, Shawn had thought she might have gotten sick again. But when he opened the message he saw that she was telling him about Rosaly's birthday that would be next Saturday. He responded by thanking her for the information.

Then he wondered why she hadn't told him anything? They couldn't pass up that blank date. Suddenly, he knew exactly what to do. He called his mother and in a nutshell explained about Rosaly's birthday and what he wanted his mother to help him with, and Karen agreed excited.

As soon as he hung up the phone, Shawn began to wonder what kind of gift he would buy, it had to be something that matched Rosaly. A smile lit up his face when he discovered how he would present her and it would be  the perfect gift.