Prologue

The kingdom of Marina harbored a fair prince, one with a porcelain complexion and a heart of gold; the future king and only child of King Sam and his passed wife. His smile was said to daze anyone in its path and his gaze was rumored to glitter like the night sky.

Said kingdom held a glamorous party every turn of the seasons and invited all of the royal families in their alliance to attend. A bounty of booze and elegant foods lined the covered tables with a surrealistic nature to it; it was all so deliberately placed with a sense of poise each and every time.

Only recently did a new kingdom join Marina's alliance and become a prominent member; the kingdom of Flora. This summer party would introduce this new member and welcome them with open arms; the king and queen along with their only son: a shy blond with a coy smile and dotted freckles lining his nose bridge like grains of sand.

Chatter of the mysterious kingdom of Flora had been buzzing for weeks prior to the party. It seemed as though they arrived out of nowhere, bringing a new Prince into the circle of future royalty. The strangers had no history to their name in the libraries of the kingdoms surrounding Marina. Nobody had ever been there. They were a complete mystery. Which, in turn, made their Prince much more intriguing.

The chatter died off, however, right as the evening of the party arrived. Seeing as for the–supposed–mysterious kingdom of Flora arrived, accompanied by their King and Queen, a litter of guards, and the quiet Prince.

Little did the attendants of this party know just how imperative this party would be in the blooming history of Marina and Flora's alliance. 

[295 words]