Chapter Two: Immortal Swordsman

"Wake up, you two." Shion stood in front of the bed that 'was' hers yesterday.

"Ummmmmmm.......let me sleep for another five minutes~~" Flare was still hugging Noel tightly on Shion's poor bed.

"How long are you two going to flirting in front of me right in my bed HUH!!" Shion called out her book then immediately open it, creating a small vortex under the bed that sent it flying and spinning a few times making Flare and Noel almost fall to the ground.

"Are you awake now? If you haven't, I'll leave you both here. If both are mistaken for illegal entry, don't you dare mention my name."

Flare woke up immediately, Noel seemed to have woken up a long time ago but still pretended to be asleep.

"Good, now follow me to the Academy."

The distance from the dormitory to the academy isn't that far, only a few minutes on foot or half a minute with flying magic.

"Waaaaaaaaaa" Noel was amazed as he stood in front of the academy's gate. "Even though it was seen from afar, it's still super impressive up close!! Is there anyone here strong enough for me to fight?"

"Your head is nothing but fighting, Noel?" Flare looked at Noel with a concerned look.

"It's okay Flare, if you want to challenge the people here, I think there's a place you might want to go, Noel."

Shion today suddenly talked about acting strangely mature.

"Shion-nee....Did you hit your head when you slept yesterday...? You're acting strange today." Flare asks Shion.

"You must be kidding, Flare. Your sis is always like this don't you know? Maybe your head was the only thing that pressed on by Noel's chest."

Shion smiled aristocratically while Flare was speechless all the way to the place Shion mentioned.

"Well, we have arrived."

After going through a long corridor, passing countless students with curious eyes directed at them, they finally stopped in front of a door with a rather strange design.

Shion pushed open the door lightly and on the other side of the door was a medieval-like arena.

"This is where the students practice and hold tournaments in the academy."

In the distance, a girl with a slim body whose patches of skin have been replaced by stitching are darker gray, two buns of red-gray hair and a ragged dress that looks like it's been gnawed by rats and a longsword piercing through the head...!?

"Ah! Shion-sensei!!" The girl from afar ran over as soon as she saw the door that had just been opened.

"Let me introduce her, she's Ollie, a former student of mine."

Flare and Noel are still not impressed with Ollie's appearance.

"Is she... an 'Immortal'?"

"Yes, she's an Immortal discovered by Rushia once... ah, that's right, Noel still doesn't know who Rushia is, right?" Shion turned to Flare, "You still remember her right, Flare?"

"Um...yeah... Of course I remember, she's one of the legends of this Academy....ahaha..."

"I didn't know your memory was that bad, Flare."

Flare's face darkened, speechless.

"Rushia is one of the academy's first generation students, she is a master of Necromancer, she must be over one thousand six hundred years old by now and is also a teacher at the academy, just like me."

"One....one thousand six hundred years old!? Is she...is she still human??" Noel was shocked to hear about Rushia's age

"No one knows, from why she was able to live so long, to where she came from, only thing that we know is she suddenly appeared to apply to the academy when she was only sixteen years old and continued to stay at the academy until now."

The conversation go on as Ollie arrives at them.

"What are you doing here, Shion-sensei?" Ollie kept an eye on the two people behind Shion though they were clearly taller than Shion. "Flare-nee...? Since when did you come back to this place? And who is the person next to you?"

"Long time no see Ollie, who is this you ask? She is Noel, a friend of mine."

"Hi, I'm Ollie, please take good care of my senior from now on." Ollie winked before turning to Shion. "Ah! I'm sorry, I was a bit surprised to see Flare again and forgot about you."

Shion seems a bit angry, maybe she was misinterpreting Ollie to ignore her and turn to Flare because she is too short.

"Okay, I don't really mind, I'm here because Noel wants to find a competitor to try at Demon Realm Academy and I think someone like you is perfect for this" Shion turned to Noel "What do you think of her?"

"Is this...is it really okay, sensei? Am I too tough for her..."

"You don't have to worry about Ollie, when she first met Rushia she gave Rushia a slash on her right hand that made Rushia unable to hold a stick for a few days."

"I also agree with her because I don't think there are many people in this academy can be your opponent Noel, there will surely be someone who has to miss school to recuperate from their injuries...." Flare also spoke to reassure Noel

"Okay... I get it, I'll be your opponent then, Ollie."

Two of them entered the practice field while Flare sat on the stage that was protected by a magic barrier erected by Shion and she acted as the referee.

"Are you two ready?"

"Ready!"

"Whenever you want, sensei."

Both Noel and Ollie were ready in their battle stances.

"Then...START!"

Noel pulled out his mace and charged forward with the intention of attacking first to gain the advantage, all to end the match as quickly as possible. While Noel was rushing in, Ollie was still standing there as if waiting for Noel to rush in.

[Air Pad] With that move, Ollie suddenly disappeared from her position as if she had just melted into the wind.

Noel was really surprised by Ollie's strange move, because she did not know that Ollie was just testing her ability.

As a natural reflex, Noel turned her head while her body was still galloping forward, swinging her club back as she expected Ollie to attack her from behind while she was on her way but....

"Where are you swinging your mace at, Noel?"

...Ollie was there...again, right where she had disappeared.

"Wha-...?!" Noel was shaken by what she had just seen, but that didn't mean she would stand still like a statue.

Taking advantage of the mace's inertia, Noel directed it to smash into the ground where Ollie had just been, launching her body straight up into the sky.

"What just happened...?" Flare with [Spirit Eyes] on were also surprised by what Ollie had just done.

"Simply, when she said '[Air Pad]' it was to trick Noel into thinking she was going to attack from the other side, but in fact she used another skill to become invisible and stand still there." Shion explained extremely fully and thoroughly.

"Hah...hah..." Although the match had only just begun, Noel's face showed all sorts of worried expressions.

"There won't be a second time."

But that couldn't shake the will of a gladiator like her. The enemy was standing in front of her, and she wouldn't accept her pathetic appearance when the opponent hadn't even done anything to her.

Noel seems to have really taken this game seriously. She was once again in the same pose as before, but this time her whole body was enveloped in a faint white light.

"You made me have to take this fight seriously!!"

Ollie smirked slightly, causing Noel to stab her immediately. The stance was the same, but the speed was too different, and that difference was just enough to make Ollie lose her temper for a moment and jump to the side to avoid it.

"Looks like I underestimated you a bit too." Ollie was empty-handed from the start, but Noel's transformation forced her to pull out the sword from her head. "In that case, I'll be serious with you too!"

Noel didn't even listen to Ollie's words. She threw the mace at Ollie, but the zombie-looking girl vanished right at the moment the mace left Noel's hand.

Noel struggled a bit, but her reflexes seemed to have just been enhanced and immediately pulled out a sword that grew out of the ground and swung it horizontally at the "object" above.

"Hey...!" And that object was Ollie - who had to raise her sword to block Noel's blow. Ollie really didn't expect this.

After the shrill explosion caused by the collision of the two blades, the two of them disappeared from their original positions, followed by sparks that tinkled across the arena, as if there were dozens of people fighting at the same time.

"Ollie was already that strong...?" Flare sat in the grandstand, using her [Spirit Eyes] to watch without a single moment of the match.

"Let me tell you, from the time you left the academy and returned to your hometown, Ollie has been practicing all sorts of things in this world. Every day she practices swords and scrims with other elite students, in her last practice match with Rushia she almost took her arm." out of nowhere, Shion appear behind Flare making her nearly jump out of her chair "But your Spirit Eyes are still so beautiful..."

Shion leaned over Flare and stared at the amber eyes with [Spirit Eyes] activated on them.

"Don't surprise me, Shion-nee, it hurt my heart real hard. It's true that Ollie has grown a lot since I left, but I still don't believe she can beat Noel."

Returning to the field, the two continued to struggle, finding an opening in the opponent's attack even if it was only a small one.

"[Erdbeben]!" Noel slams his club into the ground, causing the ground's structure below the arena to suddenly fall into chaos and unleashing countless stone pillars from the ground that take up more than half of the field. All of them were tall and very hard, very effective in hindering Ollie's ghostly movements...or so Noel thought...

Ollie had jumped, using the stone pillars for support and gliding between them like a squirrel. At the same time, she repeatedly launched lightning attacks on Noel.

"Ollie...!!!" Noel shouted "[Ausrüstung]!!"

Immediately, a layer of red light wrapped around Noel, when the light disappeared, Noel appeared again with a completely different appearance: Her silver hair grew to the end of her back, the armor seems fragile has now become a complete armor that covers her entire body along with a silver cloak emblazoned with the Knight Order she commands, Noel's iconic mace has also changed into a greatsword with a white border and in the center a blue line from the hilt to most of the blade.

"Here I come!" Without wasting a moment, she launched a sharp, foreboding slash straight at Ollie's thin body with just enough pressure to make anyone think of the image of themself being cut in two.

"Careful!!" Flare shouted in the grandstand.

It seemed that Noel's Greatsword could have cut Ollie in two, but it didn't end there. Ollie had brought the sword forward in a vertical position and parried the slash, but that slash still sent her flying and hit the wall.

The impact was so strong that a hole in the shape of Ollie was formed on the wall, and from there came plumes of dust that obscured the darkness within the hole.

"Hah...how is it...?" Noel panted, it seemed she had put all of her remaining strength into the blow just now.

"Looks like the battle is over..." Flare breathed a sigh of relief.

"Not yet..."

The words came from nowhere, but what Noel needed to be more concerned about was a red light that shot out of the smoke and aimed behind her.

"Using [Bloodfall Beast] at the very last moment to parry...." Shion commented.

After just a moment, Ollie was right behind Noel, her appearance had also changed as her two buns turned completely red and stretched out, and the sword was now wrapped in a layer of fresh blood.

"[Gladius per]!" Ollie took the momentum to swing her sword back, then swung the sword with the intention of breaking through Noel's defenses in one hit.

Noel again reacts quickly and swings the greatsword sideways to block it, but it's just another Ollie's trap....

"[Air Pad]..." Ollie kicked into the air, she flipped in the air and stopped right above Noel's head "[Lama dell'illusione]"

At this point, four swords twice as large as the one in Ollie's hand appeared behind her, thrusting straight below, completely locking Noel's movement into the ground. Among them, one even grazed Noel's armor and cut it in half.

"What!?"

Ollie landed, pointed his sword at Noel's neck, at which point Shion in the stands declared Ollie's victory.

"It's over! Victory belongs to Ollie"

[Ausrüstung] was disarmed, and Noel can;t move even a bit. Perhaps the swords Ollie summoned were so sharp that Noel thought her hands would turn into pieces of butter if she rubbed them with her hand.

"You're so strong, Noel." Ollie erased the swords around Noel's body, and her hair color returned to normal at the same time.

"Can you get up?" Ollie held out her hand.

"Um, great fight, I've lost completely." Noel laughed helplessly, took Ollie's hand and stood up.

As Shion and Flare slowly made their way down to the arena, the door to the room opened once again and this time the one who opened the door was......

"Rushia?"

<To be Continued>