Chapter 2 - Annoying Polar Bears, Pancakes and Nicknames

A/N: Hi again! I'm sorry for not updating for so long! *cries* Oh well. This is kinda a fanfic I'm just making up as I go along. So ooooppssiiiiees~ I'm a very slow writer at points! Once again, my 2p! Canada is probably sucky! Anyway, enjoy! Oh, and this chapter mentions Veggie Burgers (Alfred, 1p! America, x Allen, 2p! America) and uh Arthur, 1p! England x Oliver, 2p! England. I have no idea what that ship is called. Teacest? Haha.

After Mychael was sure that Matthew had fallen asleep, he went to go check on his sick 1p! The sleeping Canadian's face was bright, Mychael noticed as he walked closer to him, quietly. His breathing was unsteady, coming out in small, shallow pants. Mychael frowned, noticing that he had a fever.

Mychael went to the bathroom and rinsed a washcloth out with cold water, wringing it out only so it wouldn't drip. He walked silently back to Matthew, placing the cloth on his head. After that, well, he wasn't exactly sure what to do. He had given his Chickadee the medicine, placed a cool washcloth on his head, but what else was there?

As Mychael was thinking, Matthew's little bear stirred beside the sleeping nation, and woke up.

"Who are you?" he asked, loudly, and poked Matthew's cheek. Mychael shushed him with a scowl, and scooped Kumajirou up, walking out of the room, not knowing Kuma's owner was already awake. He walked downstairs and put the little bear on this couch.

"That 'who' is your owner, Matthew, you little fucker. And he's sleeping because he's sick," Mychael scolded.

"Oh, poor Who... I'm hungry." he said. Mychael groaned softly, glad he left his own bear at this house. Somehow, this one was worse. The only thing his little bear did was swear a lot and constantly ask who other people were, since even the Canadian's bears were opposites.

Mychael scolded the polar bear more, so he didn't hear Matthew slowly walk downstairs and over to him.

"Mychael?" said a quiet, sore voice behind him. Matthew had come downstairs, apparently, and had his glasses on again. Mychael looked behind him,

"Chickadee?" he responded with a frown. Matthew sat next to his bear on the couch,

"Kuma woke me up," he explained, petting the bear's head, "Silly old bear."

Mychael shook his head, wondering how such a sweet kid could love an annoying bear like that. Though apparently, Allen loved his 1p! Alfred, who was loud and obnoxious as hell, and Arthur loved Oliver, who was basically a four-year-old who got easily excited, even if he pretended not to. I guess some reasonable people just love tiresome people, or um, polar bears. He thought with a sigh and a shrug.

"Hungry," the little bear repeated. Matthew smiled, even though he probably felt horrible, and nodded.

"I'll make pancakes," he said, starting to stand up.

"What? No, I'll make them," Mychael said, pushing Matthew back down onto the couch gently and Matthew squeaked, "I'll make them," He repeated and walked to the kitchen.

Mychael found all the ingredients for pancakes and set them out on the counter. He located all the bowl, pan, stirring utensils and what-not for heating the fluffy hotcakes. He carefully mixed the ingredients, poured them on a hot pan in almost perfect circles, and flipped them once they were cooked on the underside. I'm glad he hasn't mentioned the fact I called him cute earlier, he thought while cooking.

Meanwhile, the sick little Matthew was laying down and dozing on the couch, occasionally coughing and sneezing into tissues. Kuma was sprawled across his torso, watching his owner with curiosity. He occasionally booped Matthew's nose, which made him flinch slightly and smile.

Mychael brought the cooked plate of pancakes, covered in maple syrup, and set it on the floor for Kumasaku, "Sorry Chickadee, you can't have any pancakes right now. They'd probably upset your stomach," he said, as Kuma scrambled to get off his owner and to the plate of pancakes.

"Oh," Matthew said softly, disappointment slipping into his voice. He sat up slightly, a cute frown on his face. Damn, why does this kid have to be so cute? Mychael thought, Maybe I should just give him some..? Wait, no. It might make him sick to his stomach. Jeez Mychael, you see a cute face and you're already giving in? You're growing soft. Especially to Chickadee. He mentally slapped himself and re-focused his attention on Matthew, "Hey Mychael?"

"Yeah, Chickadee?" he responded, not seeing the slightly mischievous look on his Chickadee's face.

"Since you call me Chickadee..." Matthew said slowly, "Can I call you Pooh?" Mychael felt his face heat up. No one's ever called me a nickname before, not even Oliver.

"Like, after Winnie the Pooh?" he asked, trying to keep his voice low and natural. Matthew nodded, a pleading look on his face. Mychael sighed, "Y-Yeah." Matthew smiled happily,

"Thanks, Pooh!" He said happily, coughing softly.

"Yeah yeah. Just don't do it around anyone else. Oliver would call me 'Pooh' too and Allen would never let me hear the end of it."

A/N: Heh, I finally updated! Sorry it took so long! As for Canadian 'eh's, I'm not even gonna try. USE YOUR IMAGINATION XD