9.2 : Constant Temperature

Start from the beginning

“How do you want me to answer this?” Jungkook lit a cigarette, his eyes deep in thought, “I’ve been able to decide what’s most important to me.”
Yoongi took a puff of his cigarette and smiled: “Your self-control has always been good.”

Jungkook did not say anything, thin smoke surrounded them.

Yoongi glanced at him: “I haven’t seen you smoke in a long time.”

“Yes, I am smoking less recently.”

“Do you still remember how you felt when you first smoked?”

How could he not remember. It was not long after Lalisa left when he had to rely on alcohol and cigarettes to numb the pain. Jungkook flicked his cigarette, “Back then, I felt smoking was a good thing. It gives people at least something to do in this world.”

His dull tone surprised Yoongi. It seems that he had really let go of the past? Only by truly letting go could he face the past so calmly now. Jungkook looked peaceful now, not like in the past when he seemed to have a threatening air around him at all times. Yoongi said sincerely: “Congratulations!”

Jungkook smiled faintly, “Thank you.”

Unlike the quiet atmosphere on the balcony, the living room was rowdy from Namjoon’s announcement. Against expectations, Lalisa appeared at that moment. Thus, everyone’s eyes shifted the focus to her again, frightening Lalisa.

Yuna looked purely and enviously at the woman before her eyes. Was she that woman who Lawyer Jeon likes without a reason? She did not seem like the kind of woman who would make a lot of noise as Lawyer Jeon said. At least, she seemed a little ill at ease standing there now.

“Oh!” Tzuyu called out softly. “You’re the one who found Lawyer Jeon’s wallet.”

Lalisa also recognized her and smiled at her: “Hello!”

Yuna was alert and immediately grabbed Tzuyu’s hand: “Sister Tzuyu, you have the inside scoop?”

Tzuyu said: “I’ve seen her before because she was the one who picked up Lawyer Jeon’s wallet. In the wallet, there may be some identification cards or business cards, so she managed to find the firm to return it. I think they definitely got to know each other because of that, then……” As a result, using a woman’s distinctive imagination, a romance story was born because of not being greedy and returning lost money.
Tzuyu’s voice was not soft, so it caught everyone’s attention and they listened with keen interest and pleasure. Lalisa was dumbstruck. This Miss Tzuyu was very suitable to write love stories for her magazine publisher. Staying at the law firm was such a waste of talent.

“Oh! From now on, if I pick up a woman’s purse, I must return it.” A young man concluded after he finished hearing the story.

Yuna immediately embarrassed him: “When it’s your turn, you’ll meet a dinosaur!”

Everyone burst out laughing. Yoongi and Jungkook had finished smoking and walked in from the balcony at that moment. Taking advantage of the jovial atmosphere, someone shouted: “If Lawyer Jeon confesses, we will be lenient. If he resists, punishment awaits.”

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.”

What was going on? Could it be that these future talents of the legal profession also watch too much Hong Kong cops and robbers movies when growing up?

Jungkook laughed: “All right, I will confess. Can I explain and eat at the same time?”

Of course, the great Lawyer Jeon would never actually confess much. Everyone did not really dare to pressure him. Hence, they quickly shifted their enthusiasm to attacking the steaming hotpot instead. They ate and chatted happily until past nine before leaving.