8.2 : If You Leave

Start from the beginning

Jungkook had already left the house. Lalisa found and took some medicine. She hastily ate lunch but she still felt uncomfortable so she went to sleep.

When she woke up, it was dark outside the window. Jungkook was standing next to the bed. He put a hand on her forehead, seemingly a little worried.

Lalisa looked at him, thinking she was dreaming.

Jungkook took his hand away and said gently: “Get up, I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“Uh…… no need, it’s not serious. I just have a little cold.”

“You have a fever.”

“I’ve already taken some medicine.” Lalisa insisted.

Jungkook looked at her, nodded, did not say anything and walked away. Lalisa thought he was no longer persistent with her, so she felt a little disappointed.

Surprisingly, Jungkook walked to the wardrobe, took out her clothes and put it in front of her.

“Do you want to put the clothes on yourself or you want me to help you to change?”

Lalisa went to the hospital. The liquid in the IV dripped down slowly, drop by drop.

Thinking about him just threatening to help her change clothes, Lalisa flushed red. She glanced at the man sitting in front of her reading some documents.

Feeling as if her eyes on him, Jungkook looked up. Lalisa quickly turned her head.

Jungkook did not mind. Suddenly, he seemed to remember something, so he stood up and walked out. He returned with an entertainment magazine and put it next to her.

Lalisa pretended not to notice. Instead, she began to read the newspaper left behind by others.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and went along with her. If his wife wanted to learn more about investing in securities, that was not a bad thing.

Lalisa stared at the newspaper. What was this? Mostly diagrams with only a few words. The numbers and technical terms made her head hurt more.

Regret!

She glanced at the colorful magazine …….. really wanted to take a look. She glanced at Jungkook again, who has his head down and seemed very focused in reading his documents.

He was unlikely to notice…… Her hand quietly moved over. When she almost reached the magazine, suddenly Jungkook turned a page of his documents. She withdrew her hand immediately.

Forget it! Lalisa gave up. Only a bit over an hour, just put up with it.

There were things Lalisa could put up with, but there was one thing Lalisa could not put up with. Half an hour later, Lalisa began to appear unsettled.

Jungkook noticed her movement and wrinkled his eyebrows. He turned to a fifty plus years old woman who was sitting next to him and said: “Can you do me a favor?”

After returning from the bathroom, Lalisa endured for a while but still could not help but ask: “How did you know I wanted to go to the bathroom?”

He did not even bother to lift his head and simply replied: “I guessed.”

This man! Lalisa glared at him.

Returning from the hospital, Jungkook put Lalisa to bed. After she has fallen asleep, he turned off the lights and walked to the study.

Not knowing if because she slept too much in the afternoon or the effect of the IV, Lalisa felt a lot better. She did not feel sleepy anymore. Rolling in bed several times, suddenly she remembered something and almost jumped up.
Oh no! She had to go to Hong Kong tomorrow but she had not prepared anything yet. She did not know what she had done these past few days. How could she have forgotten something so important.