The Risen (1)

For less confusion, we're beginning in a flashback

"Andrias!" A booming voice echoed through the halls, familiar footsteps sounded, coming closer with each step "Oh no!" Andrias rubbed the back of his head, preparing for his father to burst through the throne room doors any second. Keir, Leif's twin brother, snorted, of course, it was to be expected after the stunt he pulled, showing Leif the box like that, what an imbecile. "Andrias, can I speak to you privately..." The door was slightly opened, Keir could just make out the giants blocky blue body, light seething through and streaking onto the part of him that was exposed to them. Andrias slowly creeped towards the large doors, opening it out to reveal the entirety his father before closing it again and leaving Leif, Barrel and Keir alone in the room, but the frog had no plans on staying in the room. He waited till Barrel and Leif began their usual bickering, rising voices over whose fault it was that the newt prince got in trouble, "Well I am not the one who threw the box in the first place!" The female frog spat at the toad "Well I didn't tamper with it, you probably broke it" He snuffed back, but before the fight could spiral Keir made his slip away, moving in the shadows towards the large doors, opening and shutting them as quiet as a mouse before making his descent down the cold steps of the basement.

Green moss men surrounded the frog, he fought his way through easily and kept moving till he was faced with the familiar doors of the holding cell of "The Core" or atleast that's what King Aldrich had told him. Prior to "The Core" Keir had had nothing, he had no reason, but "The Core" changed that, he spent every living day worshipping it, he dedicated his life it, when he first met "The Core", it changed his life, changed everything.

He pushed the large doors open, revealing a room filled with darkness, no illumination whatsoever, until he moved deeper into the room. A sudden heat filled his body as yellow lights illuminated his entire body, shadows twisted and curled behind him notifying him of "The Core"'s presence, millions of eyes flickered open all around the room, but it was the main eye in the middle of the room that caught his attention, it was the biggest of all of them, smaller eyes surrounded the large one, they all squinted in an attempt to identify Keir, quickly finishing their analysis with a satisfied blink towards the frog, "I would like to know if-" he was interrupted with a sudden enraged expression from "The Core", he looked confusingly at it, as if questioning it even though he knew it could give no spoken answer. It suddenly went black, indicating The Core had once again gone into a deep slumber, leaving Keir with his thoughts, still deep in the dark room of the basement.

"Keir?" A worried voice echoed through the many rooms of the basement, Barrel, he sprinted back out the door and past the moss men once again, making it to the basement door in time before Barrel had entered the room "What are you doing down here?" He stared at the frog boy, awaiting an answer "Just....Studying?" He lightly answered, sighing in relief when the toad didn't push on "Right..Well I was just coming to tell you that Leif, you know, your twin sister?" He coughed awkwardly "What's going on..?" He asked suspiciously "It's just that..," He bit his lip, continuing on ", She may or may not have taken the Calamity Box and ran away with it" He breathed out, as if a weight had just been taken off him "What???", "Now...don't freak out" He waved his hands up and down slowly to try and calm the angered frog, "I can't believe her! She betrayed us, she betrayed me!" He hissed, spinning around as he felt the world close in on him, a sudden hand on his shoulder broke him out of it, the toad let go as he turned around, noticing how red the pink frog had turned, his blonde hair flying out from under his hood, the one he and his sister both wore, no, his sister meant nothing to him now, she didn't even exist.

Keir ran past the toad, his name being called out by multiple frogs as he raced through the halls, only stopping to calmly open the door to King Aldrich's study without knocking, there was no time. "Keir." The King muttered as he turned from facing his desk, "I suppose you've heard about your sister?" He sighed, knowing what was coming "She is no longer my sister." He growled, his voice steady and certain of the words he spoke, "I knew you would say that and so," The frog began to grow worried at the newts disappointed expression "I prepared a little something" now the frog knew something was up "You see, you pretty much worship "The Core", and that, well that's just too dangerous, who knows what you could do after this little stunt your sister pulled", "I had nothing to do with that" He stated, raising his voice in anger "No, no, I'm not accusing you of anything, it's just that your little temper could cause disaster for all of us, your only family betrayed you" , "But, but..." , "I wish it could have been different".

A sudden shadow looms over the little body of Keir, a numb feeling begins to spread through his body as his legs begin to turn to stone, rising up higher till it finally reaches his head, a final angry scream before the room goes silent once again, leaving King Aldrich to maneuver the statue down into the basement, placed in a hidden away room.

Centuries later- The Hardest Thing

"Crack" The sound of cracking stone echoes through the dark empty room, although not completely empty, a small statue placed in the back corner, a statue which was not actually a statue but a frog, a long forgotten frog, who after all these centuries had never forgotten the day of which they were frozen in time forever, a frog who had the longing for revenge.

A/N

sorry its short I wanted to post this so I could finish it up and give you story of the villain quickly, The Risen (2) coming soon!
This was so rushed omg...
Also Keir means "The Dark One" so I thought it was perfect because it was also near Leif.