I tell her gently, not sure how she would react. Rio said she knew he was thinking about it, but he didn't say how she reacted to the idea. Luckily, she was happy, overjoyed really. 

"I'm so happy for you two! Let me see the ring." she squeals. I stretch out my left hand and let her look at the ring. 

"I like that's it not traditional, seems more you." she comments. 

"Know my girl." Rio comments, walking back into the kitchen with Marcus following behind him. 

"Hey, Marcus." I smile. 

"Do I get to carry in the rings?" he asks. 

"If you want to." 

"Yeah!"

"Then, of course!" 

"Maybe we should wait." I tell Rio as we walk up the long driveway. 

"Got here early to tell her." 

"I know, but what if she doesn't-"

"She likes you." he cuts me off before knocking on the door. 

His grandma answers with a smile on her face. She immediately pulls Marcus then Rio in for a hug. Rio wastes no time with telling her once we make it inside. She doesn't hesitate before asking to see the ring. I extend my hand out a little and she quickly grabs a hold of my hand and examines the ring. 

"Who picked it out?" she asks. 

"Both of us." Rio answers. 

"It's beautiful." she smiles. Oh, thank god. "I knew you two weren't just 'friends'." she laughs. 

"Didn't want to overwhelm her with meeting everyone." Rio says. 

"Well, I'm sure everyone will be happy for you." 

Oh, I don't know about that... 

"Come on, you can help me in the kitchen." she says to me. I get up from my spot on the couch and follow her. 

"Does Nick know?" she asks. 

"No, ma'am." 

"I expect a fight then."  she sighs, stirring whatever was in a pot on the stove. 

"I didn't mean to cause any problems in your family, ma'am."

"I'm sure you didn't, dear. Those two can be such revivals to one another."

I help his grandma take food outside as everyone slowly arrives and become social with one another. It's beautiful really, seeing this many family members getting together for a meal. It makes me wish I could do that with my own. 

"Nick's here." his grandma whispers to me as I place down a plate on the table. I turn to face the gate where he's standing. He seemed to be looking around at everyone or looking around for someone in particular. He had his usual stone cold face on until he spots me standing beside his grandma. 

He quickly makes his way over, a smile forming on his face, "I didn't expect you to be here." 

"I wanted her here." his grandma says, walking back inside. 

"Well, welcome back." he chuckles. 

"Thank you." I say before following her. 

"How are you two going to tell everyone?" she asks. 

"I was going to leave it to Rio, honestly." 

"Good idea." she nods. 

The table was set up almost the same as last time. It seems like for the most part everyone has assigned seats here. Rio's grandma is at the head of the table, with a glass of red wine. Rio and Nick on either side of her, Marcus is beside Nick and I'm beside Rio.