7.2 : Arm's Length

Start from the beginning

She saw the boss speaking in Y City dialect and warmly greeting the guests who just came in. He bragged in a loud voice how delicious the shop’s signature dishes were.

Really.

Difficult to decline magnificent hospitality.

“Aren’t you going home?” They walked out the small restaurant. Lalisa, who was holding the keys Jungkook gave her, asked hesitantly.

“I am going back to the law firm because I still need to deal with some matters.” Jungkook said dismissively.

“Oh.” Lalisa clutched the keys tightly in her hand, “Then what time are you coming back?”

Jungkook looked at her, his eyes gleaming with strange light: “You want to wait for me?”

“…… Yes.” Lalisa nodded, then explained why, “Your keys are with me.”

“There is a set of spare keys in the office so you do not need to wait for me.” He averted his eyes from her, not clear if it was because he was disappointed or because of something else. His tone was even colder and sounded a bit mocking, “I’m also not used to people waiting for me.”

The house was cold, when leaving, when returning.

It was eleven o‘clock again.

After opening the door, Jungkook habitually pressed on the switch button on the wall, but when he was about to press it, he stopped.

The lights were on.

He dropped his hand, looked around the house and noticed the TV was still on, but nobody was watching.

When he walked over to turn off the TV, he walked pass the sofa and glanced at the person curled up asleep there. Suddenly, he stopped.

Jungkook stared at that sleeping face because he really wanted to shake her awake and scold her.

Such a cold day, and she slept on the sofa. Did she have a brain?

Obviously, he was annoyed and mad, but he still bent down and carefully picked her up from the sofa.

Her soft body filled the emptiness of his embrace. Her warm and light breathing fell on his ice-cold suit.

All these years, he never dared to dream of such a day, where she could once again be within reach. When he held out his hand, when he lowered his head, Lalisa completely belonged to him.

He lowered his head slightly so his cheek rubbed her soft cheek. She slept outside for so long, yet the cheek was still warm.

Suddenly, Lalisa, who was in his embrace, moved to escape his touch. Jungkook held his breath, had she waken up?

Actually she found a more comfortable position by burying her head in his arm. She was sleeping even more deeply, completely unaware that someone’s heart was fluttering wildly because of her very small movements.

She …… Ai, Jungkook sighed in his heart. He could no longer control that more and more good mood.

He opened the bedroom door and put her on the bed. She was wearing a buttoned up wool sweater outside her nightgown. Jungkook hesitated for a while but nevertheless helped her take it off. One by one, the buttons were undone, making his breathing a little more difficult.

He gently held her up and slipped the sweater off her arms. Even though she was wearing a nightgown, he could still feel the soft skin on her back, making him unable to control his rapid heartbeat.

Jungkook pulled the quilt to help her to cover properly, quickly got up and walked out.

If he stayed any longer, he could not guarantee he would not use a certain method to wake her up.