Afterword

From the bottom of my heart, I would like to say: thank you, truly.
Thank you for taking the time to read the story and if it managed to impress or be to your liking then I am glad I had enough skill to do that.

I would also like to apologize. I am sorry for being so erratic and not being able to update the story consistently and made people wait for such long periods of time without any sort of updates or a single word on what I was planning or doing. Someone actually thought that I abandoned the story and that made me feel terrible.
I don't want to make excuses but I write slowly because I don't want to rush things. I try to plan out everything and then I write and then re-write scenes so that they come out better or improved. And if something seems off to me, then it will displease the reader and if that happens then I have failed.

I would also like to address Einstein's gender. In Honkai Impact 3rd, the story says that Einstein is a boy; but in the game's lore Einstein is actually a girl and on occasion wears dresses. Even in the stigma stories, Einstein is referred to as a girl.
Honestly? I believe miHoYo needs to get their story straight. But to me, I've always believed Einstein was a girl because of the name "Lieserl" which was Albert Einstein's little girl that... sadly passed away shortly after birth.

As for the Captain's gender and name, it was incredibly difficult for me to write a gender-neutral character in order for readers of both genders to better get into the main character's skin. So... I flipped a coin and you can see the results.
I have thought about writing the story for a girl Captain but since I've gotten so far into it and had already planned it out, I couldn't rewrite that much material.
When it comes to the Captain's name it's mostly a game. Characters give a hint that they do know the Captain's real name but call him by rank out of habit and respect. I didn't give him a name because I thought it would allow the reader to use that Y/N element on it. And it looks like I was wrong.

I honestly had more planned out for the story. I wanted to add in Raven for example but... the story was already really long and I couldn't condense a chapter into something people could read on the fly... I really tried but I can't write like that so I had to pick a page limit and hope that people won't run away after seeing an uninteresting and boring text wall. I'm sorry if the story got boring at some point and it discouraged people from reading it because of the length but... I can't write small things since it limits my creativity.
In my defense, I try to keep a 15-page limit.

For those that are interested, I do plan to write a prequel to "Chronicle of Burden" that explains how the Captain's world fell into ruin and how he became an Artificial Knight. This story will also shed light on his relationship with Einstein and what happened to Shicksal and Jormungand in their final days, as well as reveal what caused the ruin of that world.
Aside from that, I planned to write a small spinoff story that explains what happened to Rita Rosseweiss and Bianka Ataegina. How they ended up in the Deep and how Rita turned into a Banshee. 

Again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to read the story.
If you have any thoughts about the story you'd like to share, feel free to write about it. And if you know people that would be willing to give the story a try, feel free to share it with them.