𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

    However unknown to the Jedi, Astrid had also felt the effects of the Force lightning. Her nerves began to twitch and scream as she gripped the clone trooper harder from the back of the speeder. She bit down on her lip to stop herself from screaming in agony, a coppery taste leaking from it as a result.

    Sensing she was also in pain, Count Dooku grinned brightly. He wasn't one hundred percent sure the Force bond would work, it was a very hard Force skill to master, but now he was certain it had worked. The best part was, that no one but him or his master could break the bond.

    "As you can see," Count's smug voice echoed through the dim room, "my Jedi powers are far beyond yours."

    "I don't think so," Obi-Wan lifts his lightsaber. He comes in fast, swinging at Count Dooku's head who parries the cut easily. As they fight, it quickly becomes clear that Dooku is the complete swordsman, elegant, graceful, classical–a master of the old style.

    "Master Kenobi, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem," the Sith parries another cut and then thrusts.

    Obi-Wan quickly steps back, panting for breath. Once he collects himself, with a fresh grip on his saber, he comes in again. For a small moment, he drives Count Dooku back, feeling a bit proud of himself. However, that doesn't last very long when Count Dooku's years of practice bite back.

    He forces Obi-Wan to retreat as he increases the tempo of his attack, pushing Obi-Wan to the limit to defend himself. This leaves Obi-Wan injured at the shoulder and the thigh. He stumbles back against the wall, trips, and falls, lightsaber skittering across the floor.

    Count Dooku raises his lightsaber as Obi-Wan helplessly looks up at him. The Sith's red caber comes down in a quick motion. He could practically taste the pride he'd give his master.

    Just a few inches away from Obi-Wan, Count Dooku's saber crashes into a blue one, creating sparks of purple. Anakin glares at Dooku, his muscles straining deliciously as he forces Dooku to back off of Obi-Wan.

    "That's brave of you, boy–but foolish," Count Dooku snarls, feeling his victory snatched from his hold, "I would've thought you'd have learned your lesson."

    "I'm a slow learner," and Anakin charges at the Sith. The force of the attack catches the Count slightly off balance. The older man draws back as Anakin's lightsaber swings at him again.

    "You have unusual powers, young padawan," Count praises, before his eyes darken, "but not enough to save you this time."

    "Anakin!" Obi-Wan quickly tosses his lightsaber towards Anakin. Now with two lightsabers, Anakin attacks. Count Dooku parries and ripostes–it's no contest because Anakin is driven back against the wall with only one lightsaber.

    Count's mind registers a brilliant idea. His master had said not to kill the boy, nothing against severing a limb. In a swift elegant motion, his red saber swipes through Anakin's arm with ease. The Count was too focused on Anakin to even think about Astrid, saving her the extreme pain the Chosen One was going through.

    Anakin screams in agony as he drops to the ground. His good arm cradles his missing limb, hot tears streaming down his face. His vision blurred from the pain and salty tears. He was in so much pain.

    Through his blurry vision, he could make out a glowing green stick and a small green figure. It was Yoda, no doubt.

    His pain-ridden mind travels back to Astrid. He wondered how she was and prayed that she was alright. The thought of her eased his mind, even though she wasn't even with him. These thoughts also made him miss her badly. He wanted nothing more than for her to wrap her arms around his shaking body and comfort him.