Chapter 05

Author's POV

...

"I feel so sorry for your future husband."

Now, what does he mean by that?

"Eh?" You looked at him confusingly who's sitting across you, eating his king sized burger. "What do you mean?"

He grins, "He should save much money for your shopping. I mean, look at that," he pointed at the eight shopping bags beside you and honestly, you are just about to feel guilty for letting him pay for those but the idea of him saying 'I'll pay for your clothes' smacked your brain.

"Wait a minute," You crossed your arms. "I remember you're the one who promised to pay for all of those stuff. Why do you sound like you're being forced to do it?"

He raised an eyebrow, putting down his burger. "No, silly. It's not like that." He chuckles. "What I mean is, whoever this someone you'll get married with in the future should be fulfill all your needs and wants."

Just hearing those words coming from his mouth irritates your ears.  "And that's one of the reasons why I don't want to get married." It's true. You had traits that you're pretty sure no man can bare it and one of those is you being shoppaholic. Your words have seem kicked something in him that he frowns at you in concern.

"You'll grow old without anyone taking care of you." He tries to enlighten you but you just give him a cheeky smile. It's a serious thing to think about but you didn't take it.

"I have you. You'll take care of me." You sound so proud saying those and he was caught off guard with that for a moment before an amused smile appears on his lips.

"Me? You're going to make me your nanny? No way!" He argues as he shake his head, laughing a bit.

"Yes way." You pressed and he wanted to facepalm himself. He knows your joke also has seriousness behind too.

"Oh, god."

"Do you hate me now?" You tease, still wearing your cheeky smile and he stare at you with those undescrivable gaze before he answer you.

"No."

You both know that was a joke. One day, the two of you will get married to someone and have your own family.

You know you can't just rely your entire life on him. He would have 'family type' of responsibilities in the future. You thought. But in Hoseok's mind, you couldn't read it like an open book. You're not sure if that's a serious answer from him or not.

"Good. You should." You just go with the flow. Narrowing your eyes at him in a playful manner.

"Pabo." He chuckles, throwing bread crumbs at you and it hits mainly your nose.

"Hey!" You glare before throwing back some at him but his flexible self dodged it fast before he stands up from his seat. "Where are you going? Leaving me already?"

"Comfort room. Why? Wanna come with me?" He blurted out as if no one's there but only the two of you and this made you gasp as you try to look around you and oh god, some customers nearby are glancing at your way. It's obvious they heard it and you think you're eyes also caught few girls gawking at your bestfriend.

Perks of having good looks. You internally roll your eyes away at the thought of it. Who wouldn't? Your bestfriend is a whole snack.

"Ew, gross." You laugh as you wave him off but he didn't budge and keep on bugging you instead.

"C'mon, don't be shy. I know you--"

"Fuck off, Seok." You pushed him away from you and his laugh boom around the restaurant before you see his figure heading to the restroom.