Chapter 14: you're lying

Start from the beginning

"i'm not sure, although i do believe they split up" pogo had already begun to walk away, intending to check on five, as she hurriedly pulled her phone from her pocket, ringing allison's number.

the dial tone rang for what felt like too long.

"y/n?" she sucked in a breath.

"hey allison.." she nervously rocked on the soles of her feet, eyes flickering over the several fighting posters littering the hallway, slowly pacing. "uh, what are you and diego doing?"

"well, diego got arrested" y/n felt her eyes widen, surprised he had done anything recently that could have lead to an arrest.

"what?"

"yeah, he didn't tell me why but he's probably in jail-"her older sister begun,

"you're going to find the others, aren't you?" she didn't wait for confirmation, continuing to ramble. "i'll get diego then, we need to do this together, right? that's what five-"

"y/n" allison cut her off, sharply. she wasn't annoyed but definitely tense.

"sorry" she pulled her bottom lip between her teeth, anxious. "i'm just.. you know, not ready to die or whatever"

"neither am i" allison sighed, "go get diego, we'll meet up later, okay? just.. stay safe"

y/n softly murmured the saying back before hanging up.

-----------

the h/c haired girl stepped into the police office, head held high in false confidence. surely it wasn't too hard to get diego out. what was he in here for anyways? dressing up like makeshift batman?

she waltzed right through the building looking for someone who appeared to have access to her brother. her eyes narrowed in on a detective she swore she had seen before.

"hi" he wasn't expecting anyone when he pulled his seat out from his desk, nervously attempting to appear normal. he jumped slightly in surprise, turning to face a young girl who smiled politely up at him from the other side of his desk. "is he here?"

the question caught him off guard but he had an idea of who she was referring to.

"and you are?" he raised an eyebrow, key clutched tightly in a fist by his side tightly to hide that he had been about to break her brother out for something he was accused of doing.

"y/n hargreeves, is he here?" she continued her tight lipped smile, looking around him to try and spot her brother as she repeated her question.

"diego? he's back there.." he gestured vaguely behind him to a locked room, "you can visit him if you want" he spoke quieter, leaning closer over his desk, eyes flitting around for anyone listening.

"please" she nodded, following him through the offices to the cell where her brother stood.

diego looked up from where he leaned against the cell door.

"hey" she grinned, stepping in and briefly thanking the man as he closed the door. he nodded back, slipping the key into her hand before completely leaving.

"hey?" diego's eyebrows furrowed, standing up straighter, curiously watching her step closer. "what are you doing here?"

"breaking you out or something" she shrugged with a small grin. "what're you in here for anyways? cosplay?"

"murder" her smile disappeared quickly, head tilting.

"who? the masked woman?" she was joking again. diego rolled his eyes, annoyance clear in his attitude. "hey, hey, no need for that, i've got it, okay?" she held a hand up, quickly unlocking the door, pulling it open and bowing with an arm out sarcastically.