chapter 6: hows it going?

"there he is" y/n pointed towards the plumbing van across the street from the building she had stood in front of just yesterday with klaus and five. luther nodded, heading over first, looking through the window. y/n noticed something was off. "is he.. dreaming?" she frowned, glancing at luther who shrugged. she quickly climbed through the back while luther called out to him.

"five!"

"no!" five shouted in his sleep, brows furrowed in distress. he was having a nightmare. y/n gently reached over and held his shoulders, shaking him awake.

"hey, five" she called softly, and his eyes snapped open, breathing heavily. "hey" she smiled sweetly, watching as he calmed down. luther opened the door, struggling to fit inside.

"you okay?" luther asked when he finally sat down, shutting the door.

"you shouldn't be.. how did you find me?" five got defensive right away. y/n sighed, moving back.

"well.." he nodded at y/n who smiled sheepishly before turning around at the sound of humming.

"klaus?" he was dancing with dolores in the back.

"hey, a little privacy guys, we're really hitting it off back here-" he pretended to frown only for five to yell at him.

"get out!" he chucked a cup at him and klaus used dolores as a shield. "you can't be here! i'm in the middle of something"

"klaus" y/n held her arms out, taking dolores from him. "please, don't do that" her face scrunched in disgust at the thought. she didn't need more of her brothers becoming attached to dolores, one was enough.

"aw, why not, baby sis?" he moved closer, kneeling next to her and leaning on luther's seat. y/n sighed, holding dolores and leaning against five's. "any luck finding your one-eyed man?"

"what is he talking about?" luther looked between them all but five shrugged it of with a wave of his hand, gesturing to klaus.

"does it matter? it's klaus" five sighed, sitting up in his seat. "what do you want luther?"

"um.. so grace may have had something to do with dad's death. so, i need you to come back to the academy, it's important"

"it's important" five mumbled, scoffing. "you have no concept of what's important"

"hey" klaus diverted the attention to himself, "did i ever tell you guys about the time i waxed my ass with chocolate pudding?" he laughed, "it was so painful" he looked at five who turned away to laugh.

"what are you still doing here?" luther turned in his seat to look at klaus.

"what? i-what i need an excuse to hang out with my family?"

"well, we're trying to have a serious conversation here" luther gestured between him and five. y/n sighed, why was everyone so doubtful of klaus? he was just trying to help.

"and i'm incapable of being serious- is that what you're saying?" klaus held his hands to his chest, looking hurt.

"luther's got a point, you should get out" five sighed,

"what?" klaus looked at him in betrayal before looking at y/n. "baby sis, you want me here, right?"

"wanting you here and being able to hold a serious conversation are different things klaus" she shook her head in amusement. he frowned, "come on, let's go" she set dolores down before climbing to the side door of the van beside klaus.

"what? you're coming with me?" klaus smiled, cheering as he climbed out to.

"where are you going?" luther asked, looking at her in disbelief.