"M-me! I will take her around!"

"No! I'm the first one to invite her!"

"What are guys talking about? Of course she'll choose me!"

"I'm not interested in 3d girls, but I'll make her an excemption!"

Their shouts will be heard left and right.

No one has an intention to slip the chance to be alone with a beautiful girl, leading the class in uproar.

On the other hand, Y/N just looked at her with interest while Shido's reaction was plain as rice.

[Woah! Like others, I also want to take her around in this school, but I would rather not than to compete with them. Afterall, I don't want to be the center of hate in this classroom. Well, it's different question if she's the one who asked me.] Y/N thought.

The competition was intense and so Y/N decided to gave up and let others have a chance.

[Is it just me or am I feeling like I've already met her before?]

"Ara~ara. I'm grateful that you guys are being considerate of me, but I'm sorry if I refuse your invitation. I already have someone in mind."

She then looked at Y/N and walks toward his direction.

Everyone was surprised.

Y/N didn't expect this and so his mind immediately filled with questions.

[S-seriously? You gotta be kidding me! There's no way this is happening!]

But all of his imagination and expectation was broke in a flash after Kurumi said,

"Itsuka Shido. Will you take me around?"

"E-eh! Me?"

"Yes. Is there something wrong with that? Or perhaps you didn't want to?"

"T-that's not it...." Shido glance at Y/N and looked at him pityingly.

Y/N frowned because of that.

He knows Shido doesn't have ill intent for doing it, but that still hurt his feelings as well as his pride.

[Ah yes. The harem protagonist. Of course I'll not be choosen. Afterall, I'm just a supporting character. My job is to help the protagonist and let him have all the spotlight. I already knew that, but still....]

Y/N smiled wryly as he thought such things, but Shido misunderstood and thought it was his reply to his gaze and so he accepted Kurumi's invitation.

*****

After class, Shido and Kurumi will meet up on the rooftop of their school so Y/N decided to walked back to his house all alone today.

It doesn't bother him that much, he just felt a little lonely.

Instead of heading straight back to his home, he decided to take a detour first.

Afterall, no one is waiting for him at home.

He planned to waste his time at the internet cafe but someone suddenly messaged him before he could enter the shop.

[Shido?]

Curious by his message, he quickly opened his mail.

(Y/N, are you already at home? Sorry to disturb you but could you please come here at the rooftop in our school? There's something important I want to tell you so if possible, can you hurry up? I'm waiting for you.)