Episode 8: Conversation with my adversaries..

Start from the beginning

Sakaynagi kept her calm smile, 

" Does bullying my disability justify your loss? Indeed, I will admit that I wasn't much help to my class but it seems like I have to remind you of one simple fact. You lost because you missed one little detail. I may have done nothing and lost, but you have done EVERYTHING and you still lost. Fufu~" She puts her hand up to her mouth and hides her laugh, though she intentionally made it audible for us in the table to hear.

" How pathetic~" Sakayanagi said with condescending eyes.

" Oh...?" Ryuen didn't even try to hide his irritation. He kept his grin but his eyes and actions told a different story as I watched him grip his fork a little bit tighter while keeping his gaze on Sakayanagi.

Ichinose began to mediate the situation.

" Hey, hey you two. Please calm down! We wouldn't wanna garner too much attention here now, do we?" She asked.

Sakayanagi and Ryuuen seemingly ignored Ichinose's advice and continued with a battle of mental dominance. I could almost see lightning appearing between them. Seeing that this situation won't get anywhere further unless I take action, I turned to Kushida.

" Kushida." I asked the unusually quiet Kushida. She looked at me as if snapping out of her intimidaated expression just by looking at me.

" Yes..?" She asked.

" I suggest you excuse yourself for now." I directed my gaze to the three class leaders plus Sakayanagi's escort before redirecting my gaze to Kushida.

" The situation will probably only get a bit more intense. So..." I trailed off, hoping that she'll get the message and follow it to heart.

She finally nods, understanding my request. " Y-yeah, I get it." She said before standing up which called for the class leaders' attention.

" I will have to excuse myself everyone," Kushida smoothly said with her usual tone. " I just remembered that my friends have something they'd like to talk about with me. So I best be going. See you around!" She said before waving a small farewell and then eventually walking off to another table blending in just as quickly.

Her social prowess is truly worth noting. Is it  a natural charm of hers that she developed further down the line? Most likely.

Well, putting Kushida aside, it's time to get the bottom of this confrontation.

" You three." I spoke, and managed to grab their attention quickly. 

" I honestly wanted to eat my lunch in peace, but then all three of you sat at my table seemingly with the intent to pull information from me. So why don't we cut to the chase? " I pointed towards the cafeteria clock, " We only got about 30 minutes of lunch time. So please get to the point."