Chapter 1: Backstage plans

Start from the beginning

There was silence for a minute, and Thor almost thought her heard a small sniffle come from Loki. He walked right up to the glass and only stared at the back of his brother. He had stirred sadness into the heart of stone. Moments later, the sadness erupted into a sudden rage. Loki spun around and slammed his fist into the glass that separated him from Thor, shaking in a fit of stress and anger. Thor stepped away from the glass, and without a word he began to walk away. "That's right. Leave me. Leave me and never return! If I ever see you again I will strike you down in rage and watch you grovel in fear and agony!" Loki screamed, shaking and clenching his teeth with such a force that his lips had begun to bleed. Thor saw none of it as he walked out of the room, not looking back to see what he had managed to do to the very person who hated him so.

Thor left the next morning without a word or any farewells, only receiving a motherly hug from Frigga and nothing more. His departure was not a celebration.

For Odin it was, though.

"Thor has left, you may now fetch Loki and bring him down to the dungeons, be aware that this will be kept on record that will be only seen by me and no one else. If Thor informs us that he will return than Loki will be released a day before his return. Do I make myself clear?" The four torturers nodded, sick little grins on their faces as they felt true entitlement flowing through their veins. This would be the job of a lifetime. The meeting was held in Odin's quarters and was to be kept off of all and every record in existence, and if anyone was to even mention it to another, both the teller and all who would have even possibly learned of the orders would be slaughtered to prevent any possible information being spread. Odin rose from his seat and joined the four as they began walking towards the room where Loki was being kept. The poor, poor trickster god indeed. When the room was empty, Frigga emerged from the bathroom with tears falling helplessly from her face, guilty and terrified. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I could not stop him..." She sobbed quietly, collapsing onto the bed frame as she clutched tear soaked robes.

Loki was sitting quietly and reading when the five barged into the room and disengaged the glass that trapped Loki inside the small chamber. Before he could even turn his head to realize what was going on, two of the men had grabbed him by the arms and neck and forced him up before smashing him into the ground once more. Loki gasped for breath, winded by the sudden attack, his eyes widening in an instant as he tried to scramble to his feet. "What is the meaning of-" a hot blindfold was tightly forced over his eyes and he felt his wrists being bounded behind his back, fear suddenly pulsing through his body as he yelled out in shock. "Take him to his new quarters. Kill anyone who questions your actions." Odin ordered, watching as his adopted son writhed and spat as he was forced up once more, panicking and lashing out in all directions. "What is t-the meaning of this!? Where am I being taken!? Allfather!" Loki screamed, blinded and gasping for breath in a blind confusion. Odin walked over to him and slapped him across the face before grabbing him by the collar. "I am fixing you. Devil child." Loki said nothing, shaking. A tear fell from his cheek, he wasn't fighting anymore. He just stopped and would not fight back further, out of fear, shock, confusion, even Odin could not tell which it was. The other two men grabbed him and started to walk away. "You will thank me, child. In time you will." He laughed monstrously, only watching as the frost giant was led away, not a single word coming from his mouth.

Loki did not fear many things, but he did fear Odin. Now he would fear once more.

Six weeks later, Odin received a sealed letter from a servant who quickly presented it to him outside of his quarters. "Finally a servant who listens to the orders of giving me my items alone. You will be given a raise." The servant grinned and nodded before being dismissed. He went back inside to see Frigga looking at him helplessly, sadness washing over her face. "Why did you do this to him?" She spat, rising from the bed and walking over to him in sudden anger. "You have no word in this. Do not question my actions unless you wish to learn what you get for opposing me again." He threatened, towering over her in such a dire way that she submitted to him and sobbed quietly as she left their Quarters in a fit. This continued for several months, and at last, he grinned when he reread the records that were written to him privately.