"Yeah, no, that's not really my thing."

"It could be though, you've already made a good impression with helping out at the garden program."

"You invited me to help out, though. I don't really think that counts." I open my car door and slide inside.

"Think about it, alright? It'll be good for you." He says, shutting my car door.

Well, I defiantly won't be doing that... why on earth would I want to be on council?

I roll down the window before he could get too far, "You're going to give him the ball back, right?"

He smiles before responding, "Sure."

"Your place is so cute." Sapphire says, dropping her bags in the living room.

"It's very Citrine, adorable." Ruby confirms, cupping my cheeks in her hands.

"Okay, okay." I remove her hands and walk into the kitchen, "Did you guys want to go out for dinner or make something here?

"What we want is to meet your man." Sapphire sits at the island.

"Yeah, where is he? Why didn't he come with you to pick us up?" Ruby slides on the stool next to her.

"I didn't invite him to. You know not everyone works on their laptops."

"We know!" Sapphy rolls her eyes, "You own your store, but we want to meet him."

I sigh, "I'll give him a call."

The two high five each other as I walk off to my room, shutting the door and clicking his contact name.

"Darlin'." He greets.

"Hey, whatcha doing?"

"Waitin' for you to tell me what you want." He chuckles.

"My sisters want to meet you."

"Peri?"

"Peri."I confirm.

He chuckles again and tells me to meet him at the bar.

"Ooo we should see if we can pick him out!" Sapphire squeals, looking around the bar.

"No no, what if we get it wrong! That's a bad impression!" Ruby tries to reign Sapphire in.

"I'm sorry, I'm just excited!" She bounces.

"I see him." I say, making a bee line for him.

"Hey, ladies." He says, straighten back up from the pool table.

I wrap him in a quick hug, kissing him before leaning into his ear to whisper, "I'm sorry."

He chuckles as we part, "Rio." He reaches his hand out to shake their hands.

The two ignore his hand and pull him into a group hug. Oh, I didn't warn him...

"We're huggers." Sapphire says.

"But there is a thing called personal space." I say, wedging myself in the middle.

My two sisters back up and allow Rio to breathe, "Want anything from the bar?" He asks.

"Tequila." They both say.

"A'ight." He nods, walking off to the bar.

I tell them I'll be right back and to stay put while I follow him.

"I should've warned you." I told him.

He lets out a little chuckle, "It's family, Darlin'."

"They mean well, they can just be a little overwhelming sometimes."