Chapter 1

They sat silently in on the couch both lost in deep thought. Veneziano's usual smile was no where in sight. All he could think about what they were told. "One of you will have to go." Those words ran through his head. It was the matter of him or his fratello leaving. For good. He could feel tears threatening his eyes but he held them back.

Romano was doing far worse. He knew he had to be the one to go. There was no other choice. He knew he had become useless to his country. Different emotions flew through his face from anger to the sadness to even happiness. He didn't know what to feel. He was just confused.

Neither knew what to do. They just sat there. Suddenly, a knock at the door was heard. Veneziano slowly got up and went to the door. Plastering a fake smile as he walked. He opened the door reluctantly. When he saw that it was Spain he grew worried. What would happen to Spain if Romano disappeared? He thought.

"Oh Espagna, what are you doing here?" He said in the happiest voice he could muster.

"I came here to see Roma!" The Spaniard said happily only depressing the Italian more.

"Okay come in!" Veneziano said struggling to sound happy. Spain walked in with a wide smile. Romano was still on the couch,frowning. He was too lost in thought to notice Spain even walking in.

"Hola Roma-" Spain stopped talking when he noticed Romano looking to the floor with a sad expression. Spain panicked, Romano was never truly sad he was always angry or happy but never sad. The Spaniard quickly walked over to the couch where Romano was sitting. "Roma what's wrong?"

Romano snapped out of his thoughts. He looked to Spain and saw his worried expression. He grit his teeth out of sadness and anger. He was angry that this had to happen but he was sad that he may have to leave everyone. Everyone he loved and cared about. Tears pricked his eyes but he held them back not wanting to further worry the spaniard. Romano opened his mouth but words never came out he didn't know what to say.

Veneziano went to the kitchen and leaned against the wall. He knew that he was going to have to tell the other countries. But how would they react? What would they say? Each question caused tears to fall. Veneziano didn't know what to do,he needed time but time was running out and he knew it.