and then they all knew.

Start from the beginning

sapnap nodded, hanging his towel up over karl's on a particularly thick branch before taking off his shirt, throwing that up onto the tree, and following punz into the hot tub.

punz settled down, handing his phone to quackity across the water. "go onto your spotify and play some good music, it's hooked up to the speakers already." while quackity did that, punz took some time to duck his head under the water, coming back up and wiping his, now wet, hair back and sitting back down beside sapnap.

"if anyone gets my hair wet i'll murder them," karl threatened, hardly seeing the mischievous spark in sapnap's eye before the ravenette splashed him with a giggle. "you're a prick, you know that?" the taller boy insulted with a playful glare.

"i love you too," sapnap joked, blowing a kiss to the other.

"what food are we ordering?" quackity asked, receiving a few shrugs.

"we could doordash dani's," sapnap suggested, pulling up the app after everyone agreed.

sapnap put in his order before passing his phone for punz to do the same. the blond took a little longer than sapnap did, eventually handing the phone to karl and dropping his hand back under the water.

as it fell, punz's hand brushed over sapnap, the side of his pinkie landing so it was pressed against the edge of ravenette's leg on the bench.

just as he was about to move his hand away, punz noticed sapnap's flustered expression -all wide-eyed and rosy cheeked- and decided to keep his hand where it was, ever so slightly dragging his pinkie to stroke along the side of the other's leg.

"okay, all done," quackity chirped, putting sapnap's phone onto the side of the hot tub. "we'll transfer you the money later," he told the ravenette, karl nodding in agreement.

"okay, that's fine." sapnap replied, voice shaky as all his focus was captured onto the finger traveling along the outside of his thigh.

"what else does it do?" karl asked, gesturing to the little control panel where punz had switched on the lights.

"well, you can control the temperature..." punz started, talking through all of the boring settings before finishing with, "...and then you've got like bubbles and the jets." he accompanied his explanation with a demonstration, switching up the button that promptly clouded the water up with bubbles.

punz wanted to believe he was showing off his cool hot tub to his friends, but his real intentions pushed through to the front of his mind when the water was bubbled over enough that you couldn't see through it- the blond quickly moving his hand to rest properly over the other's thigh.

his hold was loose at first, but when sapnap's breath turned heavy and he showed no sign of discomfort, his grip tightened, fingertips digging into the skin for a second before releasing again.

sapnap's breath hitched.

deciding to be bold (and enjoying the reactions of the flustered boy beside him), punz moved his hand slightly up sapnap's thigh, holding his laugh when then ravenette coughed abruptly.

"uh, q, can i have my phone?" sapnap asked, bashfully reaching over to take the phone so punz's hand fell off of his thigh.

he sat back, opening up his phone and re-reading a few times to check he was seeing it right.