dani's: an alternative perspective

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

∞༺♡༻✧

dream raised an amused eyebrow as punz made his way over to their table.

"i can't believe you talk to those weirdos," he jeered, following his friend's movement as he sat down opposite him.

punz turned back to look at the trio's booth, sharing a friendly smile with quackity who was just standing up before turning back to dream. "quackity isn't like the other two," he defended, "he's calm."

dream usually trusted punz's word, but the few short conversations he had shared with the three boys begged to differ. he nodded his head sarcastically, quite clearly not agreeing, and in only a few short moments dani was at their table, carefully laying out their order.

"thanks, love," punz smirked, receiving a bashful smile from the older woman before she cleared her throat and walked away.

"you're such a little flirt," dream laughed, disappointedly shaking his head, "she's at least thirty."

"judge all you want," punz shrugged proudly, "but i've never had to pay for my fries here," he pointed out, popping one into his mouth to emphasise the point.

dream playfully rolled his eyes at his friend's antics, taking a quick sip from his milkshake.

"you sure you don't want anything?" punz asked, gesturing down to his food, "like at least some fries or something."

"no i'm alright," dream replied, voice lined with unfiltered certainty, "my mom's doing a barbeque."

"what the fuck," punz glared half-heartedly, "you should've invited me, i'd rather your mom's food than this."

"i would've but it's to celebrate something for dad's work," the younger boy explained apologetically.

"oh right, so quackity's weird friend is gonna be there?" punz wondered, turning back again to see that the other group had now left the diner.

"yeah, sapnap," dream confirmed, groaning at the thought of it, "normally he disappears within like five minutes though so i guess it isn't really too deep."

"nah, i'm sure it'll be fine."

dream sat back in his seat, feeling content listening to the buzz of the diner and occasionally exchanging words with punz when the other wasn't eating.

dream was always impressed by the speed punz could eat, and in no more than fifteen minutes the pair were leaving the diner and heading back to dream's.

punz pushed the door open, stepping in first and seeing tommy standing in front of the hallway's mirror.

"what're you doing?" punz asked, though the fingers in the younger's hair and the comb in his hand were sort of a giveaway.

the blonde jumped slightly, dropping his arms to the side and looking over as dream shut the front door, "i'm going to tubbo's."

dream furrowed his eyebrows towards his little brother. "why're you doing your hair to go to tubbo's?" he questioned. and, in all honesty, he didn't really care, he just enjoyed interrogating the other.