Chapter 13 : A Sad Day in Minnesota

Indiana woke up to furniture hitting the walls and people talking in her dorm. The girl rolled onto her side, covering her ears with the pillow and groaning. Today was the day that Caroline Wilson would be moving in, and she decided to do it bright and early. Apparently, Caroline had filled out her rooming forms too late, and wasn't given housing. Instead, the girl was living with two of her cheerleader friends in their double sized room. Once administration found out, they told her she had to move out of their room and into Julie, Connie, and Indiana's in order to keep attending school.

Indiana rolled her eyes as music began blasting through her walls due to a speaker. Indiana huffed, got up from bed, and walked over to the room where her new roommate would be living.

"Do you mind?" Indiana asked the girl, poking her head in the doorway. Indiana looked down at her watch, "It's six in the morning."

"Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" The girl asked, smirking at Indiana.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did," Indiana continued.

"I'm so sorry," the girl dragged out. "I'll try to do better, I promise." The girl grinned quickly before walking to the door and slamming it in Indiana's face.

"What the hell just happened?" Julie asked, opening her door. "What is that noise?"

"Our new roommate happened," Indiana huffed, pushing her hair out of her eyes. She shook her head, turning back to walk into her room and slamming the door behind her. Deciding it was of no use to go back to sleep now, Indiana got ready for school and made herself breakfast, which she normally never did. She opened her binder and looked at the instructions for an upcoming project until it was time to walk to school. Connie and Julie normally left later, but Indiana preferred to always be early.

Indiana opened the door, surprised to see Adam Banks holding up his fist as he went to knock. "Adam?" The girl asked, raising her eyebrow at him.

"Indie," Adam breathed, surprised that she had opened the door. "How are you?"

Indiana nodded slowly, "I'm good, how are you?"

"I'm good," Adam grinned as he stood in the doorway.

"So," Indiana began. "What are you doing here?"

"Walking you to school," the boy grinned, noticing how Indiana's face lit up at the suggestion.

"Oh really?" Indiana chucked at the boy's face as he held out his hand. The girl looked between him and his outstretched hand before shaking her head and letting out a small laugh as she grabbed his hand back.

"Listen, Indiana." Adam sighed as he turned to look at the girl. "I know I've said this before but I'm so sorry that I left you and the Ducks to fend for yourselves after dinner that night." Indiana began to talk, but Adam continued. "And I'm sorry for the fight that broke out yesterday-- even if Charlie was the one who threw the first punch."

Indiana chuckled as she remembered the events of yesterday. It honestly hadn't upset her that Charlie and Adam had fought-- if anything, it was a reckless play by Charlie that caused the issues in the first place. "I forgave you the other night, didn't I?" Indiana asked.

"Well, I guess. But then the fight happened and I wasn't sure where you stood so I wanted to cover all my bases," Adam explained.

Indiana rolled her eyes, laying into him as they walked, "You're fine, Adam. Trust me." Adam smiled down at her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into a side hug. The two continued talking and laughing like normal until they got to school and had to go their separate ways.

After English class, the junior varsity team made their way to lunch where they were missing Charlie and Fulton. The two had made a pact to make their lives more fun and were therefore skipping school and going to the mall.