CHAPTER THREE

Start bij het begin

"Good." I could hear him walking around finding things to make his snack. Then awkward silence comes in.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther started the conversation back again. Five didn't care and ignored him.

"It's been 17 years." Luther stood up aggressively. I turned my head to look at what's going on in the kitchen.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five teleported to another cabinet behind Luther to find marshmallows.

"I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego got in the conversation.

"The future. It's shit, by the way." I can see that. Five teleported back to where he was.

"Called it." Now, Klaus got in.

"I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." I turned my head back and just listen to the conversation.

"Nice dress." Five probably talking about Klaus skirt that he stole from Allison's closet.

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus replied. I got bored, so I started to play with my electric lights on my fingers. The conversation went back to silent that they can hear my electrical shocked each other.

Everyone looked at me. Including Five.

"Can you...stop playing with that thing and come into the conversation?" It's Luther who talked to me.

"You guys don't need me in that conversation. Please, continue." I turned to them and pulled up a smile. Sarcastic way, obviously.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya got the conversation back. Everyone went back to focus on Five's response.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." While five was talking, he stared at me. Not a really good stare either. He suspected me.

"That makes no sense." Diego came up.

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Five went back to focus on his snack again. Diego stood up ready to punch him in the face but Luther stopped him first. Thank god.

"How long were you there?" Luther asked.

"Forty-five years. Give or take." I said it at the same time as Five told Luther. But I said it quietly, by accident. But I think only Five could hear it. He looked up at me again.

"So what are you saying? That you're 58?"

"No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently, my body is now 16 again." As he finished his words, he started eating his sandwich.

"Wait. How is that even work." Vanya got curious.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh."

'Bruh, not the mannequin.'

"Bet she's laughing now." He shrugged.

"Delores?" Vanya asked.

"Hmm. Guess I missed the funeral." He grabbed the news paper next to him.

"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked him again. I sighed heavily.

"What part of the future do you not understand?" I got into the conversation. Five scoffed.

"Thanks for telling him instead of me....Heart failure, huh?" Five responded to me and went back to his question.

"Yeah."

"No." Luther cut Diego out.

"Nice to see nothing's change...except that one." Five pointed at me. Then he walked towards me.

"Uh, that's it? That's all you have to say?" Allison asked him. Disappointed.

"What else is there to say? The circle of life." Then Five got closer to me and speak in my ear.

"We need to talk. Follow me." He suspects me for sure. (😭).

......

We walked to Five's bedroom. He looked through his closet just to find his old uniform. He let out a big sigh.

"Well...what you wanna talk?" I started the conversation. It's kind of awkward when it's quiet.

"What's your name? Don't give me the number. I know you're part of The Umbrella Academy." He took out one of his uniforms and starts to get change. I looked away.

"You can call me (Y/n). I don't have a number, by the way." I replied.

"Interesting. How long have you been here?"

"After you were gone." My voice got more emotional.

"Dad replaced me, huh?" He finished changing and tapped on my shoulder to tell me that.

"He could never replace you. I'm just no one." I sounded sadly. Five looked at me heartless and walked to sit on his bed. Ouch.

"How did you know about the years." He went straight to the point.

"Just guessing." I lied. He probably didn't believe me. He stood up again and walked closer to me.

"Listen to me. I don't know how did you know that, but I'm telling you that I don't trust you at all. Got it?" He looked at me annoyingly.

"Then we're probably soulmate, cuz Same Here." I lied again.

Five looked at me from top to bottom, his eyebrows knotted and then he walked away aggressively. I followed him down to the living room. He went outside for the memorial thing, but I stopped looking at the portrait of Five. Thinking how our first meeting not going well as I expected.

I stared deeply, but I had to shake my head and focus on what's going to happen next. So I walked away from the living room.

......

-SunSolar-
☔️