"Exactly. There is still the possibility of Mephone being frightened of you, especially so soon after your argument." Paintbrush looked down guiltily. Test Tube grabbed an umbrella from next to the door. "I've spoken to him the most these past few days, he'll listen to me, I know it. I know you're worried and want to help, but it's best if I talk to him." Paintbrush reluctantly nodded, their bristles fizzling out. Test Tube looked to the rest of the group. "I need you all to stay here incase he comes back..." Test Tube mumbled under her breath. "I should be back in a few hours."

    "Wait- you're just going alone?" Pickle spoke up. "Shouldn't someone go with you? It's awful outside." Knife nodded, but Test Tube shook her head. "No, I need to go alone, more people might cause him to panic. Even just a second person might make him to bolt again, it's best not to risk it." Test Tube opened the door, cold air and rain hit her face immediately, making her shiver. She immediately opened the umbrella and stepped outside. She looked into the hotel one last time. "Are you sure you're gonna be alright?" Suitcase asked, a nervous yet hopeful tone in her voice. Test Tube smiled, "Trust me, I'll be ok."

    She shut the door, leaving the 8 objects in a suffocating silence. Lightbulb gently helped Paintbrush take off their jacket. "C'mon Painty, let's go wait for them in the kitchen, I'll make us some hot chocolate and we can relax." Paintbrush loosely nodded, the ghost of a smile on their face. "Yaaaay! Hot chocolate for us!" Toilet's mood rose, they jumped off the stool and hopped deeper into the kitchen. "Can I come?" Fan weakly raised his hand, Lightbulb beamed. "Yes! Bright Lights hot chocolate party!" Lightbulb hopped up and down in excitement. She made her way to the kitchen the other 2 following behind her. A small "oof" could be heard as they entered, followed by Paintbrush reminding her that she was still half blind.

    Suitcase bumped Baseball in the side. "So what do we do now?" Baseball thought for a moment before smiling. "Actually, Nickel wanted to talk to you." Suitcase looked surprised but smiled. "Really now?" Baseball chuckled. Suitcase mumbled a "see you later" to Pickle and Knife before the going up the stairs after Baseball. Knife stood for a few seconds, unmoving. If he was being honest, he had been bottling up his emotions regarding Mephone and MeCloud for a while now, and this whole situation was certainly not helping.

    He had told Pickle a few necessary things, how he got hurt, what Mephone did, and how they got to MeCloud, but nothing more. If anything he would rather forget about it than talk about it. Knife shifted in his spot, suddenly hyper aware of how long he had been standing for. Pickle gently held his wrist, breaking Knife out of his daze. "Hey, I know you're still a bit freaked out about what happened at MeCloud, Mephone being missing and all that but-" Pickle grabbed a gaming controller off the ground, handing it to Knife.

    "-I think Lightbulb's right dude, there's not much we can do right now, so let's just relax for a bit while we wait yeah?" Knife sighed heavily. He stared at the controller before taking it in his hands. "Ya..you're right.." Knife sat on the couch as Pickle started up the console. Pickle jumped on the couch, making Knife laugh. Pickle started up the game, the soft sounds of laughter and mugs clinking against each other filtered through the kitchen and into the lobby. The familiar start screen music played as they both got settled in. "Thanks Pickle." Knife gave him a genuine smile. Pickle smiled back. "Of course bro, Test Tube will be fine on her own, let's just hang out for a while."

    "You ready to have your butt kicked?" Pickle smirked, a competitive glean in his eyes. Knife matched his expression. "As I'll ever be." Knife chuckled.

    Pickle pressed start.

                                -------------------

    Test Tube immediately regretted not grabbing a jacket before leaving. The umbrella provided shelter, but not enough to shield her legs from the pouring rain, or her arms from the cold. The air was violent and frigid, effectively turning the droplets into razors. The sky was practically black with clouds, making her surroundings look as if it were night time. She checked the time on her phone, it was almost 2 now. Her legs were killing her, but the many challenges she faced during Inanimate Insanity had strengthened her enough to keep her going.