Chapter 33 - Realization, Reminiscing

Start from the beginning

You looked over at your mother, who simply stood behind the kitchen island, watching blankly. Your eyes teared up more, and you shook your head weakly.

"I- I don't do drugs!" You cried. That apparently riled up your father even more, as he raised the bottle of alcohol and swung.

You barely raised an arm in time to block it. Glass shattered everywhere, cutting up your forearm into a bloody mess and nicking your cheeks. Booze splashed over your shirt, and the dizzying stink of alcohol wafted into your nose.

"Scram!" Your father screamed, and you scrambled up, running up to your room.

(End of TW scene)

Your arm now throbbed a bit at the memory, and your brushed your hand over your sleeve, a mental image of the deep scars that now adorned your forearm flashing into your mind. You sighed.

The cat now sat on your shoulder as you walked along, dirt crunching slightly under your heel. The sky had darkened, grey clouds now covering the sun. Thunder rumbled in the distance.

How long ago was it that your parents actually appreciated you? 7 years? 8? You remembered it was around your 10th birthday. That day was probably the last you remembered your parents hugging you.

Rain began falling from the sky, pelting your hair and soaking your outfit. You pulled up your hood and continued walking.

Your heels started to press a bit into the sand, and you glanced around, realizing you had already passed Wangshu Inn, now walking along the sandy paths among the pools of water. Water lapped around the tips of your boots, and the cat on your shoulder jumped off, walking back to the higher ground.

Heh, higher ground.

"I have the high ground!" (Stop cuz when i wrote this i immediatelt thought of kenobi-) Niko yelled over the call, and you spun the perspective of the game towards the Favonius Church. There, a smaller Diona stood on a spike, staring down.

You rolled your eyes. "How is psychically having the high ground gonna help you in arguing over if bows or polearms are better?" (Polearms for life <3) "You realize that bow users need to charge and that takes forever to do, especially if you're against a mitachurl or other bitches - which you can't even break its shield. And you can really only get high ground if you climb something or use Albedo's flower. Even then, it'll break every few seconds."

Silence over the call. You smirked, knowing you had won the argument.

Diona moved forward, using plunge attack to get down safely.

You turned around and started walking slowly again, then stopped when someone called out.

(TW: more mentions of alcohol, blood, and drunken states, mild sexual harassment, mentions of sexual activities. Sorry guys 😅)

"Hey, pretty girl!"

You turned to see a clearly drunk man running over in fancy clothes that seemed they were on clearance or something. He smoothed back his oily black hair and grinned at you.

You rolled your eyes and kept walking.

"Hey now, that's no way to treat a man..." the male called out again, running up to your side. You ignored him again, moving away from him.

Bastard...kill him..

You grit your teeth as a deep throb pummeled your head, whispers squeezing into your mind.

"Cmon darlin, how about you come with me~?" The man slurred, and you wrinkled your nose at the alcohol stench that wafted in your direction.

"I'd rather not." You said coldly, glaring at him. Either this man had some serious gut, or was just plain stupid. Probably the latter.

This idiot!... just kill him.. his eyes remind me of -.... my god he's annoying...

You took a deep breath, your mind starting to ache from the barrage of voices that were starting to grow louder. This drunky was also getting on your nerves, and the storm wasn't letting up, continuing to pelt the ground and anyone outside at the time with water.

"We can head back to my place, get in bed..-"

The man's words were drowned out by the nonstop yelling in your head. The guy was getting way too close, your head was starting to pound...

An arm slid around your waist, fingers digging into your side.

Kill him.

Your eyes glowed white.

You felt as if someone else lifted your arm, twisting it around your back to grip his wrist tightly. With the other, you channeled Cynthis into your hand, the energy forming into a small curved blade.

You moved his arm away from you sharply, spinning and stepping to the side, rain water flying through the air. At the same time, you swung your arm across his stomach, making a clean slice into it. Blood sprayed onto your hands, but whatever was controlling you barely noticed it.

You stepped back, summoning your polearm into hand. Then you stepped forward again and plunged the spear into his chest, forcing him to the floor and pinning him down.

You gripped the polearm for a second, panting. Then the light in your eyes faded, and you gasped, being sucked back into your body.

You looked down, and nearly threw up.

(Very descriptive scene- sorry guys-)

The man was now lying limp on the ground. Blood from his stomach was pouring onto the ground beneath, and although the rain kept sweeping the red liquid away, it was quickly replaced. His eyes were wide and unmoving.

You stumbled back in shock, your breathing becoming labored. This had never happened. Sure you had bled, but never had your enemy done so. You felt something dripping from your fingers, and you looked down at your hands nervously. The man's blood was coating them, and the iron smell started to reach your nose, making you choke.

You fell to your knees, gripping your wrist and smearing it with blood. You felt your heart start to beat faster, your lungs constricting. Tears streamed down your cheeks.

Murderer... well that was fun...

You gripped you head, tugging at your hair. The blood was too much, the voices wouldn't stop, you couldn't breathe...

You let out a scream.

It came out from the bottom of your heart, with every emotion that you've felt. Every tear, every moment that you've felt scared. Every laugh and smile, every hug.

The raw emotion and power coming from it sent a shockwave that left a circle in the sand around you. The water was shoved back momentarily, then slowly edged around the area.

The scream turned into sobs, your hands falling from your hair back down your lap. Your hood fell in front of your eyes, covering the emotions you had bottled up.

The unknown voices rose their volume again when a hand rested on your shoulders. Once again, your eyes shined white, but this time, you were aware of your actions, and felt like you were watching yourself.

You teleported behind the person, your polearm disappearing from the man's chest and reappearing back into your hand. You brought the blade down onto the person...

But their own spear blocked the attack.

Your eyes snapped up to meet warm gold eyes.

.

.

.

Well that was something- goodness gracious

This took a week holy shit

i hope you all enjoyed- if you didnt then thats oh well

Love ya

-vae