Null & Void

"Hamza? Nai nai, yeh sapna hai sapna hai, mujhe jana hai jaldi." She thinks she's having illusions and tries to run away when she is pulled back with so much force that she slams into him.

Her hands rest on his chest, her hair flowing with the wind, tears still rolling down, smearing her kajal even more, lips drying and her breath matching with the pace of her heart.

"H a m z a?" She speaks slowly.

He seems angry and heartbroken. They both pause there for 2 minutes.

"Chali thi, shaadi karne?" He speaks, with a heavy throat.

"Hamza? Tum theekk ho gaye, yeh sapna nahi hai, tum sach mein theek ho gaye. Allah tera lakh lakh shukar hai. Hum sab ki duayein kamyaab hui. Hamza tum soch bhi nahi sakte main kitni khush-" Hamza lets go of her arm abruptly.

"-Jaao, karo shaadi. Jaao na Rumi, main bhi dekhta hun kaise karti ho."

"Nahi Hamza, nahi main tumhare paass aa rahi thi please mujhe le jaao yahan se mujhe nahi karna kuchh nahi face karna kisi ko abhi bas le jaao main tumhare saath jana chaahti hun please chalo yaahan se-"

Hamza doesn't let her talk any more and grabs her arm again and drags her inside her house with him. He takes her to the backyard full of guests who were there for the marriage.

Hamna notices them before anyone and she looks for her mother as thinks whatever is going to happen will affect her so much.

Hamza goes to the center and shouts for Rumi's mother. By this time Hamza's parents and Zoya also arrive there as Zoya was looking for him and she doubted he must be there, so they come, thinking he will create a scene there.
"Ammi? Kahaan hain aap? Please yaahan aayein hamaare paass." Hamza calls for her again.
"Hamza yeh kya kar rahe ho, scene mat create karo beta." Hamza's dad comes up to him and says in his ear.
"Dad aik minute."
By this time Rumi and Hamna's mother arrives and she is shocked to see Hamza holding Rumi's hand.
Hamza goes near her and takes Rumi with him.

"Ammi, maine hamesha aapko meri maa jaisaa maanaa hai. Aaj mai aik darkhaast karta hun. Aap aaj aik faisla kar dein- Mrs. Rumaisa Hamxa Khalid, jisne kabhi mujhe divorce hi nahi diya itne saalon se, kyaa aap chaahti hain ke woh meri humsafar ban kar mere saath rahe yaa main Hamza Khalid, iski zindagi se hamesha ke liye nikal jaaun? Aaj aap aik faisla kar dein bahot ho gaya."
"Divorce nahi diya?" Rumi's mother says in shock, and everyone starts murmuring something.

His words leave Rumi speechless, she thinks to herself that how did he get to know that she hadn't divorced him. And why is he still referring to her as Rumaisa Hamza Khalid when she had finalized the divorce papers? She gets so confused and feels like the whole world is rotating.

Azeem tells everyone that they are having personal issues and starts saying goodbye to all the guests who are leaving one by one.

"Ji, poochhein apni beti se."
"Rumi, Hamza sach keh rahaa hai."
"Ji-ji ammi."
"Toh itna tamashaa kisliye Rumi. Tumhein zara saa bhi apni maa ka khayaal nahi aaya?"
"Ammi aisi baatein mat karein." Rumi cries.

At this time everyone has left the house, only Hamza's family, Hamna and Azeem are there.

"Hamza beta, yeh faisla main nahi kar sakti. Mujhe dukh hai jo isne kiya. Lekin yeh faisla Rumi ki zindagi ka hai. Mai apne liye iski khushiyaan nahi qurban kar sakti." Mrs. Siddique says, disappointed in her.

"Toh bataao Rumi, aaj aik side ho kar rahega."
"Ammi, mujhe maaf kardein, mai Hamza se mohabbat karti hun uske bagair nahi rehna chahti isiliye divorce par sign nahi kiye. Lekin jo kuchh bhi apne maazi mein hua mai aapko aur dukh nahi dena chahti thi. Isiliye maine aapke faisle ko haan kar di aapki khushi ke liye. Doctor ne kahaa thaa apko koi stress koi tension nahi deni. Ammi please mujhe maaf kardein."

Rumi's mother gets rather calm listening to this and her heart melts for her child. With tears in her eyes she hugs Rumi, and says, "Beta, meri khushi uss faisle mein nahi hai jo main tumhare liye karun aur tum uss sey khush bhi na ho. Meri khushi usmein hai jo tumhein zindagi bhar ke liye khushi aur sukoon deta hai. Kisi aur ke baare mein mat socho. Aaj apn baare mein socho ke tumhein kya chahiye. Duniya toh hamesha kuchh na kuchh kehti rahegi."

This relieves Rumi. She feels like someone just lifted a heavy stone from her heart.

She looks at Hamza, and gives him a smile full of love and tears, and holds his hand tight. Hamza lets out a sigh of relief.

"Meri duayein hamesha mere bachon ke saath hain. Maa ke dil ko pataa hota hai bachon ke baare mein. Mujhe pata hai tum dono aik dusre ke liye kya ehmiyat rakhte ho. Meri bachi kya hua agar Siddique saab aaj hamare saath nahi hain, iska matlab yeh nahi hai ke main tumhari khushiyon ka khayaal karna chhod dungi. Abhi main zinda hun. Log kya kahenge kya sochenge isse mujhe koi farak nahi hai mujhe apne bachon ki khushi zyada pyaari hai." She says and puts her hands on both Hamza and Rumi's head.

Hamza's mother cries with happiness and blesses both of them.
Hamna just stands there, flushing red with embarrasment that everyone in the family except her supported them, even Azeem.

"Lekin Ammi, aik problem hai." Hamza interrupts.
"Kya beta?" Mrs. Siddique asks.
"Apki beti ne iss baar divorce papers sign kar diye. Aik mahina pehle. Toh aap poochh lein iss se ab bhi mere saath rehna chahti hai ke nahi."

"Hamza aisi baatein matt karein. Hum aaj hi jaa kar karvayenge." Rumi requests Hamza.

"Uski zaroorat nahi hogi." Hamza says and brings his hand forward.
Out of nowhere, Azeem comes forward, takes out a paper from his coat pocket and puts it in Hamza's hand. Everyone is so shocked and confused.

"Mrs. Rumaisa Hamza Khalid. Iss baar aapne toh sign kardiye. Lekin yeh nahi sochaa ke mere sign toh itne saal purane the. Woh divorce papers null ho gaye."
He then comes to Azeem, holds his hand and hugs him, nobody expected both of them to be like this.
"Mujh par ehsaan rahega Azeem bhai aapka. Jab main coma mein thaa toh mujhe kuchh khass yaad nahi, elava iske ke Azeem bhai ne mujhe bataya thaa ke Rumi abhi bhi mere saath shadi shuda hai kyunki usne kabhi divorce papers sign kiye hi nahi. Bas mujhe pagal banaati rahi. Shayad mere hosh mein aane ki wajah bhi yehi thi. Main zindagi bhar yeh ehsan nahi bhoolunga bhai, kyunki shaayad mujhe kuchh ho bhi jaata toh main yeh sochkar marta ke Rumi aur main alag hain, naa jaante hue ki sach kya hai. Aur woh aapne bataya mujhe, yahan tak ki aap mujhe pasand bhi nahi karte the fir bhi."

Rumi gasps for air as she realizes that Azeem had told him everything.
Hamza continues, "Toh jab main theek hua toh mujhe lawyer ki letter mili for divorce again kyunki pehle papers null and void ho gaye the purane hone ki wajah se. Isiliye, Mrs. Rumaisa, yeh rahe papers, ispe tumhare sign hain already, toh ab bataao, main kardun sign fir se?"

Rumi realizes thatHamza is happy that he got her back but he still is very angry and very mad at her for doing what ever she did. It's like he wants her to realize everything and say it herself whatever she wants so that there's no question left to be asked.

Rumi comes to closer to Hamza, she looks at him, piercing through his eyes, and snatches the paper from him.
She then tears the paper to so many bits, all while still looking at Hamza. Then she hits the paper bits on his chest with her hand and says in anger,"Lo, kardo sign ab."

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Finally!!!!!!! We're almost there my lovelies, keep voting and commenting. I see every one of you voting, even the new viewers vote on my chapters one by one and to be honest that is so overwhelming knowing that even the new viewers who haven't been there when I publishesd the first chapter also do like this book. That's why they vote 1,2,3,4 chapters and the notifications go on. And the people who've been there since the start, you guys are angels!! You all are unbelievably amazing. I've got so much love from you all. I will miss it when this story publishes it's last chapter🥺. ILY all!!♥️