1

"Dustin we're gonna be late say bye to your girlfriend and move it!" Carrie was a nice enough sister, she was laid back, stayed out of her brothers business and he stayed out of hers. Of course they couldn't of looked so different, Dustin looked like a 'regular' kid, well self proclaimed nerd where as Carrie was a young rocker who wore black and leather like a young Joan Jett. Female rockers weren't mythical creatures but they weren't exactly pouring out of Hawkins High. "DUSTIN!" she shouted once more to her brother, only louder this time. Carrie had just learnt to drive which meant she was now given the duty of driving Dustin to school with her, meaning this would be the year where everyone saw them as siblings or a weird mismatched couple which made her feel a bit sick, hopefully they'd realise siblings, she shivered at the thought. "What's wrong?" Dustin broke her out of her daydream. "Get in the car," she shook her head, opening the front door for him. 

There was no way she was going to let Dustin pick the music they drove too. "It's my car Dustin," she switched on 'You Gave Love A Bad Name' by Bon Jovi on and began to drive. "It's moms car," he replied. "You can walk if you'd like," she smiled, he just put his seatbelt on. The drive was quick and filled with songs that Dustin thought sounded like screaming to a drum beat. He also thought that it drew too much attention as they parked outside school. Alas they both stepped out of the car, Carrie straightening her leather jacket. The siblings nodded at each other before leaving in different directions, Dustin left for lesson, Carrie went to smoke behind the building of the school. The same guy everyday would ask her the same question as soon as she was there, "Got a light?" he dresses similarly to Carrie, in the rock aesthetic, everyday she would nods and light it for him as he balanced it between his lips, they'd stare intensely in each others eyes until it was lit and he would walk away. 

It wasn't until she noted the same guy sat with her brother that she became confused. She never felt the need to go into the cafeteria for dinner but unfortunately her friend hadn't brought lunch with her today, leaving Carrie having to sit in the cafeteria. "I'll be back in a second," Carrie motioned to her friend as she walked upto a table of boys, one of them her brother, the other he recognised as Mike, her brothers friend and then of course the guy whose cigarette she lights every morning. She watched as he smirked at her walking towards them. "Dustin," she announced, "do you need a lift home today?" she asked, looking up slightly at the male who was clearly older than the rest. "Nah, we're playing D&D after school," he told her. She nodded, "right" looking at the guy rather than her brother. "What's going on here?" he questioned her eye contact. However, she just walked away without answering him. "I repeat what's going on?" he questioned the shabby haired boy. "I want to ask you the same thing Henderson," he replied. "You were staring at my sister?" Dustin wasn't the only confused one. "Sister?" It was no secret who was the leader of this D&D club and maybe if Carrie had spent more than a second in the cafeteria she would know that Eddie Munson, 'the Hellfire leader', was the name of her mystery man. So, that's what she decided to do, today she would sit with her friend in the cafeteria. 

It wasn't long before she got to see the real Eddie as she saw him stood upon the table. "But as long as you're into band, or science, or parties, or a game where you toss balls into a laundry basket!" Eddie got louder as he made his speech, it made Carrie laugh. "You want something freak!" Shouted Jason, the obvious captain of the Basketball team, you'd have to live under a complete rock not to know that. Carrie winced at the nickname, she hated it. The pain of the name even when it wasn't directed at her sunk and hit deep somewhere inside, she watched as it just seemed to bounce off Eddie as he stuck his tongue out making devil horns with his fingers through his hair. She saw she saw him look across to her and smile, but it could have been at anyone right? She didn't even know his name. She watched as he walked back to his seat, "It's forced conforming, that's what's KILLING THE KIDS," his table laughed, including her brother. She continued to watch as he let two cheerleaders past, "This is why we never sit in here," her friend spoke to her, she just smiled not entirely sure on what she said. 

-

"Carrie!" a voice shouted causing her to turn around, she was now stood outside having a smoke, "Carrie I need your help," Dustin ran towards his sister, slightly out of breathe. "Oh good, now that I'm seen driving you here, we're speaking all the time. No, this is great, really good," she stubbed her cigarette out wafting the smoke away from Dustin face. "Please, I need your help," his grin was cheesy, like he clearly wanted something. "What is it?" she huffed. "I need you, we need you to fill in for Lucas at Hellfire tonight," he put his hands together in a prayer like shape. "Hellfire?" she questioned. "Yeah, you know D&D," his hands still clasped together. "Why would I do that?" she was confused to why he'd ask her. "You'd get to hang with Eddie" Dustin smiled, deciding that was his last option to make her want to come. "Who is Eddie?" Carrie looked even more confused. "The long haired cool guy you were eye fucking at lunch," he quickly spoke, not really aware of his words. "Oh Dustin gross, never ever say that again, Jesus," Carrie looked absolutely disgusted. Dustin nudged her arm, motioning behind her. She turned to see the Hellfire group walking down the outside stairs, leaving school. "God, fine, I'm not wearing the stupid shirt," she huffed throwing her bag strap over her shoulder. "No eye fucking while we play either, we've got a big mission," Dustin walked past her to catch up with the group. "DUSTIN!" she shouted, in complete disgust, although, maybe she was staring at Eddie with impure thoughts. How hard could D&D be?