Chapter 46 (Epilogue Series 4)

Start from the beginning

"Put a spell on them so they stay tiny forever?" asked Raavi hopefully.

Shiva shook his head, "The only solution is to keep having more puppies, dobi."

Raavi giggled, pressing tiny pecks of kisses to his lips, "You are saying you want to try for a third baby?"

Shiva looked at her, tucking her hair behind her ears and said, "Lets try seriously?"

Raavi hugged Shiva tightly, nodding fervently. At thirty-three years, and nine years into their marriage, they hadn't had any luck with a third child so far. This year with both their kids going off school, they had pressed pause on trying for their third baby.

"Mujhe meri Raavi 2.0, chahiye."

Raavi kissed him, "Iss ghar ke Baby #3 ko khud ka Baby #3 zaroor milega."

"Then we have a deal, sweetheart? As our kids go to school, we 'll keep having puppies to replace them," winked Shiva, tugging down on the zipper of her kurti.

Raavi threw the cellphone in his right hand across the room, wrapped his arms around her, and said, "Gadheda. Shut up and kiss me!"

"Dhruvie, Kashie, lets go!" called out Shiva, as the boys said their good-byes to everyone, specially their Mama, bearing all her kisses and hugs before they left Pandya Niwas for their first day of school. Before sitting in the family car, a Mahindra XUV700, Dhruv tugged on his father's hands.

"What's up chota bandar?"

"Can Mama come with us?" asked Dhruv, as Akash bobbed his head furiously.

"I miss Mama," said Akash, agreeing with his older brother.

Shiva nodded feeling a wave of tenderness wash over him. His little munchkins... on such a big day, of course they wanted their mother with them, no matter that Raavi decided she would stay at home so she wouldn't cry at their school and freak other kids out. Whatever. Having their Mama was just was important to them. Ruffling their hair, he said, "Go grab her."

In a few minutes, a beaming Raavi came running out with their boys. "Let's get settled in and go to school."

"This is it Dhruvie, this is your class, and that's your teacher Mrs. Gupta," said Shiva, kneeling to be at eye-level with Dhruv, pointing to his class and his teacher. They were huddled in a small corner outside Dhruv's class in Falcon Hill Elementary School, in the same campus as Falcon Hill Kindergarten. After dropping off Akash, they had walked to the adjacent hallway to drop Dhruv.

"Aren't you excited, Dhruvie? Do you remember how you were so happy to go to pre-school like Vihaan?" asked Shiva, trying to get a reaction out of his son. Other than asking for his mother in the morning, Dhruv had been strangely quiet, sticking to Raavi, holding her dupatta.

Dhruv stayed silent, shrugging his shoulders slightly, "I guess."

Raavi gave Shiva a quizzical look. Maybe Dhruvie was just nervous, Raavi thought to herself. Putting on a smile, "Remember Dhruvie, listen to your teacher, make lots of friends, and have loads of fun," said Raavi, kneeling beside Shiva and kissing his cheek. She finger-combed his hair back, fixed his tie and pulled up his grey uniform pants. "You look so handsome!"

"Don't cry, Mama," said Dhruv, wiping her tears. Raavi just hugged her son tightly, and said, "OK! Mama will not cry anymore; you go in and start your first day of school!"

Dhruv nodded, almost turned on his heel to leave but in the last second, threw his arms around his mother. "Mama, will you never come to pick me up again?"