Chapter 1: The Beginning Of Some Ends

I won't lie, my story is not one of a supernatural nature. I haven't become a vampire, and I didn't fall in love with a zombie, in fact quite the opposite. My story isn't full of clichés and it doesn't have a happy ending, as much as I wish it did. And to be quite honest I've have to tell and retell it so many times, all the tiny insignificant details, that it even bores me now. 

The only reason I'm writing this all down is because according to Dr. Davies, my court approved therapist, it will help me move on. But I don't see how, already by just looking at this stupid journal and I've already thrown it around the room about seven times. I did try rip it in half but then I was thinking does this count as state property, because my therapist gave me it and then I kind of shit myself wondering if i'd get fined. I don't know anyway...

I better start from the start. Or beginning. Or whatever you're meant to say, so this is what you've been waiting for, I guess.

I was 21 when it happened. I was with my sister her name is Nicola Ann Thomas, she was 17. Everyone says that we look similar, apart from the fact that she looks more mature than me, and I was often mistaken as the youngest sister. Nicola always put effort into the way that she dressed, the way that she styled her hair, perfecting her makeup. In other words she was the after picture and I was the before. It was something that me and Nicola would joke about often. It didn't bother me. We just had different aspirations, she preferred being occupied with boys, and hated school, she just wanted to have fun and get out of that small town.

I had been at college and was home for the summer, I was planning on getting a small job once I'd settled back at home and had nothing major planned. I was also supposed to be keeping an eye on Nicola whilst our Mom was away on a two month trip with her latest boyfriend.

Me and my sister had a strange relationship with our Mom, especially as she didn't seem to actually do any mom kind of duties. Also known as, caring for her children. But I'll get to my Mom later. I'd need a whole journal to write about her.

Anyway, my Mom wouldn't stop talking about going on her trip across Europe with Lewis, her new man on the scene, constantly posting statuses on every social media website she could get her hands on.

'Can't wait to go on #vacay'
'#29daystogo'
'Already started packing!!!'
'#7daystogo'

It's embarrassing how much she uses hashtags, and all her other middle aged mom friends were commenting about how they hope she'd have a great time, not that she actually liked any of them of course. On the rare occasion my Mom would actually phone me whilst at college it would be mostly to bitch about Helen or Susan. Well, I'm sure you get the idea. 

Nicola, was so jealous, she had been desperate to go to Europe for a while. Yes, it may have been because she wanted a European boyfriend but that's not the point. She was angry at my Mom for being so selfish and for rubbing it in her face, and I didn't blame her, only I was used to her ways by now.
I was still annoyed though, don't get me wrong, me and my best friend, Sarah, and some other friends had planned to go camping for 10 days, but I had to stay home to keep an eye on Nicola, and because I couldn't go, the plans kind of fell apart and I know most people in my friendship group were annoyed with me about it, and thought I'd just blown them off so I could spend time with my boyfriend. Nicola had convinced me that I could probably still go, and I trusted my sister even if I knew she would 100% have a huge house party whilst I was gone, but Mom would kill me, and it wasn't worth the hastle.

Finally the day arrived. It was about 5 o'clock in the afternoon, Nicola was already in her pyjamas, a pair of shorts and a flannel pyjama shirt with little unicorns on it, she pretended they were ironic but I could never forget her obsession with them as a kid. And when I say obsession, I mean obsession. In a way it kind of added to her ditsy, blonde, Barbie vibe she liked to portray.
We waved goodbye to my Mom and Lewis. At this point I think we had met Lewis maybe four times, he was polite enough, even when Nicola asked him in a faux- innocent way if he was our new daddy now, but I wouldn't describe him as nice. Just rich. My mother's type apparently.
So, he pulled up in his Bentley, didn't get out to say hello to us, or even help my Mom with her huge Louis Vuitton suitcase that he has most definitely paid for and before my Mom had even taken her hand of the door handle as she shut the door he had zoomed off. Which I'll just add is extremely dangerous near our house as the only way to get there is through winding country roads. Did I mention how small and shit this town is?
As soon as they were out of sight Nicola ran into the living room skidding around the sofa in her woolly socks and switched on the TV onto the dance music channel she turned the volume practically all the way up and the beat of the dance track vibrated through the house. It didn't matter as we lived pretty much in the middle of nowhere. I headed into the kitchen and grabbed two cans of coke and filled a bowl with Cheetos. It was time to celebrate our freedom for the next two months.

When I came back into the living room she was dancing around like a mad man. She grabbed a can and opened it with the flick of her hand. I put the bowl on the table and opened mine as well. She lifted up her can.

'Let's party!' she yelled, over the loud incessant thud of the dance song, taking a gulp of her drink. I did the same. We danced away to the music. It may have only been a party for two but it was just as fun as a party for 200.

------------------------

Hey, so this is my first story. Sorry if there is any mistakes, but cut me some slack English is my first language, damn right you should be impressed at my linguistic skills. Ha!

Anyway once I've written some more I'll probably edit some bits. So please comment and whatever......

MollyorisitHolly