Theera didn't question her further. Both of them sat there talking. After that, they cooked dinner together and had fun while eating. Theera was sleeping by placing her head on Sakuntala's lap while Sakuntala was caressing her hair. After some time, both of them drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Theera did yoga for half an hour and came to the living room. She saw her father having his morning coffee while reading the newspaper.

She went and sat beside him and said, "Good morning, Nanna. When did you guys come?"

"Good morning, Kanna. We came around 1 o'clock," said Subramanyam.

"Did you take spare keys with you?" Asked Theera.

"Your father is forgetting many things nowadays. He forgot his mobile at home along with spare keys," Vineetha said, coming out of the kitchen.

"Then who opened the door," Theera asked her mother.

"Your grandmother. Thank God, I took my mobile; otherwise, we would have spent the entire night in the corridor killing mosquitoes," Vineetha said, glaring at her husband while he gave her a sheepish smile.

"Go and freshen up. We have to talk about something with you," said Sakuntala.

Theera nodded her head and moved to her room. After some time, she came out and saw her mother placing dishes on the dining table. She helped her mother, and the four of them sat down to have their breakfast.

Vineetha looked at Subramanyam and then at Sakuntala, who blinked their eyes in assurance.

Theera looked at them and asked, "Is everything okay?"

"I won't play around the bush, Theera. We got a proposal for you a few days ago. You know, Yamuna aunty, right?" said Vineetha.

"Isn't she Nanna's colleague in Visakhapatnam?" Said Theera.

"Yes! She and her mother-in-law came to meet us two days ago. They asked for your hand for their son, Arnav. He is an airline captain. Yamuna has divorced her husband and is staying with her mother-in-law. Arnav is a good man. I've known him for the past ten years, Theera," said Subramanyam.

"Just meet him once, Kanna. Trust me, you will not regret meeting him. But remember, your family is with you, and the final decision will be yours," said Vineetha.

Theera looked at Sakuntala, making everyone chuckle. Theera pouted and flared her nose angrily.

"Go and meet him once. I know, we can't decide about a person in one meeting. But who knows what destiny has stored for you?" Said Sakuntala.

Theera nodded her head, making everyone squeal.

---------------------------------------

After a few days,

Theera was sitting in a cafe, biting her nails nervously. She got ready in a simple saree and paired it with simple studs and a thin chain. Arnav, who entered the cafe, moved towards Theera. He was mesmerised by her simple look.

"Hey, Theera!" Arnav said, grabbing Theera's attention, who was lost in her thoughts.

"Hi, Arnav!" Theera said, getting up from her seat.

"Shall we go to the beach? We can talk while walking on the shore," said Arnav.

"Sure," said Theera.