Chapter Nine - Love between two people

Beginne am Anfang

"Hey, listen to me." he took my arms "You remember telling me you weren't ready for basic training?" I nodded

"I know you, you do things on instinct, you do things you know you feel is right and then you freak out when you think about it too much. This is just you going through your process. I know you're going to be amazing, you always are. You just need to get used to it. Then you will be fine. Besides I will always be right there for you. And also knowing you, once his term is finished you will fight tooth and nail to resume being a secret service agent. the first to return to your original job after office." i let his words sink in and took a deep breath "There we go. Now are you ready?"

"Yes." I breath. He offered me his arm and I took it.

The wedding was on the South Lawn, It was a small-ish event. Family and Immediate close friends only. There would be a big event later on in the month but this wedding was just for us. On my side was My Mum, Leah and my former regiment and friends, all on their best behaviour but I could tell there would be a riot later on. On Ben's side he had his family, and friends with Connor as his Best Man.

After the engagement I was concerned with how Connor felt about the whole thing. Surprisingly he was absolutely happy with the idea. Of course he still missed his Mum but he knew that I would never want or could replace her. He was happy that his Dad was happy and it helped that he knew me already as well. Mike escorted me down the aisle and handed me over to Ben who was stood there beaming.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the marriage of Benjamin Asher and Grace Carter. Benjamin, do you  take Grace to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." He answered with conviction.

"Grace do you take Benjamin to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Who has the rings?" Connor stepped forward and took them out of his jacket handing them to his Dad who handed them over to be blessed

"Benjamin, please repeat after me. With this ring I tee wed, with my body I thee worship..." Ben recited what he was told as he slipped the wedding ring onto my finger. It was then my turn and I repeated slipping his wedding ring onto his finger.

"With the power vested in me I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride." Ben slipped his arm around my waist pulling me towards him and kissing me gently as I wrapped my arms around his neck, as our family and friends clapped happy at our union.

-------

At the reception the party was in full swing, as demonstrated by the men i served with. They were happy with the drink services and being invited to the white house.

"Here she is first lady, ah ma'am." Haribo mockingly bowed to me

"Oh hah, ha you're hilarious. Can you at least remember where you are? We're not out in a hotel bar on R and R you still represent the armed forces you lunatic." I lightly scolded then gave him a hug.

"Cap." I saluted

"Lieutenant Carter." He greeted and then hugged me "It's been way to long." we pulled away from each other.

"I know, secret service takes up most of my time, or well it did." I reply

"I heard about your efforts during the attack, you an Banning are heroes, not that i would expect any less from Crazy Carter and Batshit Banning." I looked down shaking my head

"Well, we got shit done, we always have." I shrugged then looked back to the others "Right you horrible lot, stay there and for the love of my sanity, smarten yourselves up." I left to go get Ben so I could introduce them, he was talking with my Mom and Mike.