3

"You wanna.. stay with your friend over the summer?" Your father turns to you.

You bite your lip nervously as Draco glares at you with a smirk. You nod courageously. "Yeah! She's so sweet! We promised to write to eachother and see each other if we could. Please, father?"

Your father narrows his eyes. "And how do I know you're not lying?"

You open your mouth for an excuse but your mum steps in. "Lucius. They've never gone out alone. Let them be, for once."

You start tearing up in a fake way. Anyone can fall for those. Well, anyone except Draco. Your mother saw right through you for once. You could tell by the look on her face, but she plays along and hugs you. Draco meanwhile rolls his eyes and then grins. You wonder what he's up to.

"But father... who will I have to talk to?"

"You always go wherever you want, Draco!" You blurt out. "We talk all the time! I wanna be with my friends for once!"

Your father sighs and what he says makes you wipe your fake tears. "You can go. On one condition..."

"Go on," you reply.

"You write to us every single day. Do I make myself clear?"

You nod and run to hug him tight. He is shook by your sudden action but reluctantly, hugs you back. Draco smiles in.. you can't really tell. Is he happy for you, or perhaps overprotective even though you're older than him? You do remember how happy he was when he saw you.

Flashback:

You're sitting in a chair, reading peacefully. All your friends from this place were taken by amazing parents, except you. Is it because they don't know what 'pure blood' is? Are they scared of you? Just then, you see a family. You look up. There's a boy next to them. You walk up to them. "Hey! Are you looking for someone to adopt? I'm a perfect child!"

Just then, one of the workers came. "Y/N... we've talked about this. Let them come to you!"

"Well, what's the point?" You snap. "I've been here for SIX YEARS! No one wants a pure-blood when they don't even know what that is!"

"Well can you blame them?" The worker laughs. "You're too shy to explain!"

"I'm not!" You say aggressively. "You idiots just tell them I act like a little witch! Sure, I almost set this place on fire, but that was a long time ago! If I don't get in a family by tomorrow, I'm leaving this dusty place. I'm gonna go to a place far away from you stupid muggles!"

"Muggle?" The worker raises an eyebrow. "What does that mean, honey?"

You scoff. "Can't you read?" You're about to slam your book (a possession from your biological parents) in the worker's face when the younger boy grabs your hand.

The older blonde guy, who you're assuming must be his dad, turns to you. "Are they the one you want?"

The boy let's go of your hand and nods. "Yes father, they're perfect!"

You beam. Finally! A loving family! The boy looks at you with a big smile. You run and hug him, almost making him fall over. He hugs you back and whispers in your ear. "Welcome to your new family, Y/N. I'm Draco!"

You giggle while your stepparents do the paperwork. "Thanks. Welcome to living with a witch!"

Draco stops hugging you and looks you in the eyes. "We're like that too! Is it true you almost set this place on fire?"

"Yeah!" You laugh. "I mean, this place is made by muggles. What do you expect? Hogwarts, in the middle of a muggle city? I'm so glad my real parents left stuff for me. I heard they were killed by You-Know-Who. It's been my dream to meet that Harry Potter. He seems so cool!"