chapter sixteen | words before threats

Start from the beginning

"Is she okay? What's she doing?" Stiles asked them, concerned.

Since Scott was looking down at the ground, silent as sadness washed over his face, Clara answered for him with the same sorrow filled in her eyes that was in Scott's, "She's crying."

Scott walked over and sat on his bed in front of his two friends. Stiles sighed at his best friend, "Scott, you can't protect everyone."

"I have to."

And in that moment, Clara realized just how much compassion Scott had.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You want me to take her to the formal."

Scott rolled his eyes, "I don't want you to. I need you to."

"Screw you. You know what?" Jackson looked over at Stiles, "Screw you too. In fact, screw each other."

"Hey, you know we saved your life, right?" Clara argued, narrowing her eyes deceitfully at Jackson. After Coach Finstock gave Scott the news that he wasn't allowed to go to the formal, since he's failing three classes, Scott decided the only way to keep Allison safe at the dance was for Jackson to take her. While Clara found the idea ridiculous, it was the only way to keep Allison safe from Peter.

"You two left me for dead. "Jackson hatefully spat.

Clara pointed at Scott, "He got shot for you."

"Oh, yeah? Show me the bullet wound." He demanded. At this point, Clara knew the only way for Jackson to agree with this plan was to use violence. But Scott being Scott tries to use words before threats.

"You know it healed." Scott retorted.

"Convenient."

"Just do it for Allison, okay? She's in serious danger. I'm talking around - the - clock danger. She needs someone to keep an eye on her at the dance." Scott explained. Ever since Peter took his mother on a date, Scott's been paranoid that Peter's trying to get close to his inner circle of friends and family.

"Have her dad do it, okay? He's the one actually equipped to handle this." Jackson said and Clara rolled her eyes, growing more and more frustrated with Jackson by the second.

"How am I supposed to do that and keep him from finding out about us?" Scott questioned him.

"Not my problem."

Scott sighed, "You're her friend too. You are. All that time that you spent with her to get to me you can't tell me that you didn't get to know her and like her. It's Allison. It's impossible not to like her. You can't tell me that you don't care if she gets hurt."

"What if I get hurt?"

Scott looked at him thoughtfully, "Then it's worth it."

"Not to me." Jackson disagreed before adjusting the strap on his book bag and walking towards the door, pushing pass the three teenagers.

"Well, I shouldn't say I told you so - 'cause it's not strong enough. How about I'm always right, and you should listen to whatever I have to say and never disagree ever, ever, for the sake of your wolflihood?" Stiles suggested, completely convinced that he was always right.

Clara looked over at him, smirking slightly, "Scott and I aren't done."

"You two aren't done." Stiles breathed as he leaned against the lockers. Scott and Clara walked and stood in the aisle of lockers that led to the door. Jackson stood in front of the door, just about to leave.

"One more thing..."

Rolling his eyes, Jackson turned his head to look at the two. But the two werewolves soon found their fangs growing and eyes shining a familiar gold.

To make things short, threatening Jackson was probably the highlight of Clara's day.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Nothing's wrong, I just - I have a lot on my mind."

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'? Smile, Allison. I'm buying you a dress."

Clara stood in between Lydia and Allison as they rode up the escalator at Macy's. Lydia and Allison dragged Clara with them to go dress shopping for the Winter Formal. Though Clara already had a dress for the formal, she thought she might as well go since she could use some normal teenage girl things to do.

"Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison smiled at the strawberry blonde.

"Excellent."

"But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison trailed off.

Lydia looked at the two girls, confused yet suspicious of their motives, "What? What's that supposed to mean?"

Clara smirked wickedly, "It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided - up jock you said yes to and you're going to go with somebody else."

"Who?"

"Him."

The three girl's attention all went over to Stiles, who was standing by the perfume stand. Him being him sprayed perfume in his face and was currently choking on it. He looked over at the girls and waved nervously, wearing his usual awkward smile.

"Don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile."

Next chapter is the winter formal so get ready! I'll post the gif of the dress Clara will be wearing in the next chapter.

You will also see some Lydia and Clara action a.k.a a soon-to-be blooming friendship

~ ~ ~ ~ Monrox (Katie)