'No, you are going to have your breakfast with us.' she stated.

'It looks like I'm coming here to eat and chit chat with you guys and not to work.' I informed her.

'Look the base to anything is friendship.  So for you two to work together for a long time, you must have the understanding, trust and friendship. And how is that gonna form? By spending time.' Ro came up with some philosophy which didn't seem right on so many levels.

'But dad-' Sammy began saying something before she was quickly interrupted by Ro.

'Sammy, shh! Don't point out the loopholes in what I said and have your breakfast quietly.' he said as he handed her the breakfast.

'And here is your plate' he handed me a plate.

'I seriously am so full. My dad feeded me so much. Also I don't like oats. They taste so' I said as I enacted puking.

Ro looked at me with a sad smile and walked away leaving me confused.

'It reminded him of Vi chachu. That's why he left' Sammy murmured.'

Vi chachu.

I was fully aware whom she was referring to. But I wanted to hear her talk about dad.

'Huh, who's that?' I asked.

'Sorry, it's Virat Kohli.' she said.

'Can I ask you something?'

'Is it about dad and chachu? Or is it about why I'm referring to him as chachu?' she asked.

'Maybe both. I mean it's been so long since he retired and you would be so small right when it all has happened. How do you remember him?'

'I was four when he left us. But not a single day has passed by where he is not mentioned here. Sometimes it would be mom recollecting of how he would compete with her to ensure that I and dad would love him more than her.

And my bedtime stories are their friendship tales that dad would tell to put me to sleep. And I remember him as well. I don't remember any incidents with him but I do remember that I loved him.' she looked as if she would began crying anything soon.

'I'm sorry' I hugged her to comfort her.

'Imagine, if one day he comes knocking on your door telling how much he missed you all, will you forgive him? Will everything ever get back to normal?' I asked hoping for her to say yes.

'Nothing will ever be normal again, irrespective of what happens.' Ro stated as he came back into the kitchen to fetch a glass of water.

'Anyways, let's not talk about it all and just have breakfast and start some work.' Sammy cleared her throat and began eating.

We did finally start doing some work that day. But the slightest of hopes that I had regarding dad and Ro's reconciliation have been destroyed.

Good thing that I got to know that before I directly informed dad about him.

'Al, I have something important to do tomorrow. So let's take an off tomorrow. See you day after tomorrow' Sammy said that evening as I was about to leave.

'Yeah ok. Bye'

The next morning:

'I'm getting bored now, please wake up' Dad patted my shoulder.

'Dad, don't disturb me. Let me sleep' I groaned.

'Atleaat tell me what to prepare for breakfast?' he asked.

'Anything'

'No, I want a specific answer.' he said.

'Masala dosa' I replied.

'I can't cook it'

'Pancakes?'

'I am tired eating the same thing' he whined.

'French toast?' I asked.

'No, I feel like having Poha. Shall I make it instead?' he asked.

'Then why did you even ask?'

'I just wanted to know what you like eating. But please let's eat poha now' he pleaded.

'Ok dad, make it' I said and he let me sleep in peace for some more time.

I finally got out of the bed and freshened up and sat down at the dining table to have breakfast.

'You start eating dad. I'll put my phone in charging and come' I said and went to my room.

As I came back and was about to begin eating, the doorbell rang.

'You eat dad. I'll go check' I said and walked towards the door and opened it.

Sammy was standing on the other side of the door.

                  ───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

So the thing is my sem externals start from tomorrow.

No, I am not gonna say that I will not update for a few days, No!

It's only that I can't update the second chapter today, as I have to prepare for Viva and spotters for my HAP practical tomorrow.

But I promise I'll update two tomorrow, as the next practical is on Monday.

Also I've started a new fanpage on Instagram ( the only fp I've as I deleted all the old ones before my exams)

It's:     _ictxstan_

Would be grateful if you support that journey as well 💕

See you in the next chapter.