"We're going to have to kill him." I nod my head in agreement. "I want to rip his guts out. He gave my mate PTSD."

"You are bonding with her!" He smiles brightly. "Sort of, I haven't shifted yet. But I have helped her through a few PTSD episodes while in wolf form."

"That's a start. I'm so proud of you for moving on with you life." Moving on. I'm forgetting my mistake. I caused Sarah Beth's death. Am I even worthy of Storm if I can't even protect a pup?

"I know that look Wilder. Stop it! It's not your fault." "How can you say that Alpha? I caused your only daughter's death." Guilt fills me and all revenge thoughts are gone.

"Wilder, I don't know how many times we are going to have to go over this but my daughter's death isn't your fault. You need to understand that." I can't do this. I give him a quick bow before taking off towards my territory.

Storm's Pov. A few days later

I stayed at my cabin for three days before going back to the bait shop and working. Grandpa and Cowboy missed me something fierce.

Tonight Callie, Delaney, and I are going to the bar to hopefully get my mind off the hell of the past few days. And right now I'm getting ready for it.

Even though Grandpa gave me a box of clothes I can't seem to find any to wear. Everything is just too much or too little.

Wait, why do I care what I wear to the bar? It's literally just a bar. With that in mind I throw some run of the mill clothes on.

I make sure my knife is secure in my boot then I tighten my belt

I make sure my knife is secure in my boot then I tighten my belt. No need to bring my 9mm to the bar. If a fight breaks out I don't want to be shooting someone, I'd rather beat 'em with a stool.

The phone starts to ring and I pick it up. "Yeah?" "We're at the bar, just waiting on you."

I hang up and make a dash for my truck.

I start the engine and then turn up the radio.

I'm chasing taillights, straight as the crow flies, hunting justice down a country road. I've got a shotgun, it's riding shotgun and we're both ready to unload.

"Son, I know what you done! There's only one way to outrun me. You better pray your tank don't beat mine to E." I'm singing along with a big grin.

I park my truck next to Callie's shitbox and then go in. I find them sitting at the bar with a seat between them for me.

"Hey ladies!" I greet them. "What took you so damn long?" Callie asks after ordering a beer for me.

"Lost track of time."

The three of us drink and tell stories, not giving a damn about what's going on around us. After my second beer I switch to mountain dew and order a plate of fries.

"Storm, you got a boyfriend?" Delaney randomly asks. "Nope, men ain't shit." "Hell yeah sister!" Callie agrees before taking a gulp of beer.

"I see. Well I met a man a few days ago and he's so dreamy!" Her eyes fill with joy and she gets a big grin on her face.

"Tell us about him." Callie urges. So for the next ten minutes we listen to Delaney tell us about Aaron and how it was love at first sight.

"Enough guy talk! Let's go dance." "Alright, I'll go put some quarters in the jukebox." Delaney says before sauntering off to the old timey jukebox.

Brooks and Dunn's, Neon Moon starts to play and we start dancing. Some other people join in and soon enough the bar becomes a dance floor.

"Storm, that guy can't keep his eyes off of you." Delaney points to a guy leaning against the wall watching us. Once he sees I'm looking at him he gives me a wink.

"Go talk to him!" She urges before shoving me in his direction. "Dammit Delaney!" I curse as I stumble up to him.

Now closer to him I can see just how good looking he is. That beard is damn hot.

 That beard is damn hot

"I'm Wilder." He offers me his hand. I take it in mine and weirdly good tingles shoot up my arm. "Storm." I grin at him.

"Want a drink?" He offers. "Just mountain dew, I have to drive myself home tonight." He gives me a nod before going to the bar.

As soon as he's gone Delaney and Callie flock to me. "Who is he?" "Wilder and that's all I know." I say before either of them can ask any dumb questions.

"Now shoo. He's coming back." I usher them off and they leave in a fit of giggles.

"Mountain dew for you and a beer for me." He hands me my MD and I thank him. "Are you from around here? I've never seen you before." I ask him.

"Yeah, I moved here about five years ago." He replies before taking a sip of his beer. "Huh, I've never seen you anywhere in town." "I keep to myself."

"That's fair."

We make small talk, nothing too interesting that is until he asks me to dance.

"Sure." He takes my hand and leads me out onto the floor as George Strait's, I Cross My Heart starts to play.

He puts his hands on my hips and I put mine around his neck. Being this close to him sends more of those weirdly good tingles through me.

Our love in unconditional, we knew it from the start. I see it in your eyes, I can feel it in your heart. From here on after, stay the way we are right now and share all the love and laughter that a lifetime will allow.

"I cross my heart and promise to give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true. In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine." Wilder sings and I can't help but internally gasp. He sounds so good when he sings.

"You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete and as long as there's a breath in me I'll make your's just as sweet." I continue where he leaves off.

"As we look into the future it's as far as we can see. So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be." We sing together.

Eventually the song ends and we pull away from each other. I immediately find myself missing his warmth.

"Well Wilder, this was nice." I give him a grin. "It was. Want to dance again?" He asks eagerly. "I'm good for now. It was a bit awkward with my prosthetic leg and I want give it a break." He nods in understanding.

"You stay here, I'm gonna go get us some drinks so we can by hydrated for our next dance." I tell him before going to the bar.