Chapter Six - The Lions Den

Start from the beginning

"Gracie's unconscious. Mr Speaker, if we have get out of this shit storm you can hold us for insubordination. But your team needs some fucking help." he cursed

-Grace-

"But your team needs some fucking help." I heard the dulcet groaning tones of Mike as I came round feeling the immense pain of the fall. How the fuck did I survive that, I had no idea.

"You can say that again. Ugh my head." I heard sighs of relief at least one from Mike.

"Welcome back Agent Carter."

"Yeah whatever, I need a beer." I lean my head back onto my partner as I hear some snickers

"This is General Clegg Army chef of staff. I am ordering you to stand down."

"This must be a part of concussion right? Cause I swore you said you wanted to remove your only eyes and ears from the ground?" I asked "General Dickhead fuck off."

"We need to pull you out of their before we loose another hostage!" Dickface carried on talking.

"Please tell me we didn't lose are really cool dude." I wince in pain, I'm pretty sure there was something wrong with my ribs, when this was all over, the morphine better be heading my way.

"He's not talking about the president." Jacobs confirmed and I cried out as I breathed a sigh of relief.

"I'm giving you a direct order."

"You're right Gracie, he is a dickhead. Newsflash asshole we don't work for you." Mike agreed with me as I pulled my self up. Fuck me I hurt.

"General  Clegg. I'm the commander in chief. If I didn't absolutely need you, I would relieve you right now."

"I will not let this asshole blow up America sir!"

"General, I don't want to hear another word unless I ask you a question!" There was a stunned silence until I spoke

"Oh shit, that was like super crazy." I drawl, laugh in the face of everything going to shit. Make jokes when I really shouldn't, broken ribs who. I was fine.

"Mr Banning. Miss Carter. Are you there." I pull a piece of shrapnel from my leg then grab a piece of rubbled winning ripping it up and tying it around my leg

"What's the plan." Mike asked

"We're re calling the seventh fleet and pulling our troops from the DMZ, and giving them the helicopter."

"Sir you cannot do that, you cannot give him what he wants. We've dealt with these types of men before. Give us some time, let us flush him out." Mike bargained

"We are talking about the safety of the President of the United states!" Trumbull agreed back

"We are talking about a hell of a lot more than that sir. Come on, you like us so you'll give us some time." I replied "Come on, sir. We've just fallen through a a gaping wound in the White house and survived. Don't count us out yet."

"OK, you've got 30 minutes." before we did anything Mike called Leah. I didn't pay attention, as I patched his wounds but when he finished he looked down and me

"Call your Mom." I nodded and did so, as he gave me some privacy like i did him. I dialled her number.

"Hello?" she answered

"Hey, Mom"

"Grace, oh thank god, where are you, are you okay, I've been so worried." She rushed out in a panic and I closed my head resting my head against the wall.

"Ma, please. I just I wanted to hear your voice." My voice cracked

"Oh sweetie." I tried to hold back the tears.

"Do you think they would have been proud of me? Mom and Dad?" I wondered "You know I don't fully remember them, only bits and pieces, they died when I was so young."

"Of course, Honey your dad would have been brimming tears with pride on how well you've become. A true fighter like him. And your Mom well she would be beside herself with worry but she would know you had everything handled. Just like you did with them playground bullies."

"That's good to hear. I needed that. There really giving hell." I groaned standing up

"Well your are Carter and you know what Carters do?"

"What?"

"Rain a shitstorm." I laughed "A bunch of trouble makers. The lot of you, your Dad used to drive your mother insane sometimes."

"Right from day one. I have to go, you know do the usual, piss of a bunch of terrorists and cause trouble. I love you."

"I love you too sweetie." I ended the call. We stood up fully and went to the surveillance room.