FLASHBACK#6

IN THE PRESENT TIME

Mew's pov 

Gulf went on narrating our story showing a rainbow of emotions , failing miserably to hide his feelings as his face showed exactly how he felt . I too put in my inputs now and then but I knew Gulf wasn't comfortable with speaking what was to come ....so I intervened .

Me : Guys , do you know , Gulf makes lemonade like you have never tasted before  . Gulfie why don't you make lemonade for your phis ? 

Gulf : Ok phi .

Knott : Come Gulf I will show you the kitchen .( Knott and Gulf went to the kitchen ) 

Bright : Why did you send them Mew ? 

Me : Gulf is not comfortable with this part of our lives . I didn't want him to relive it . 

FLASHBACK CONTINUES 

It was like the calm before the storm . Too quite ....too Normal to digest . I kept reminding Gulf to be careful but he was too happy that finally his life was falling in track . Like always I was to meet him near the river bank . Just as I pulled out my car from the University gate to the main road when suddenly a boy from the nearby high school came in front of my car . I opened the car door and rushed him to the hospital . Gulf was waiting for me but I had no way of contacting him. I called Som again and he came immediately to the hospital . The boy had suffered only minor scratches but I still felt guilty . It took full one hour to dress him and the doctor gave him a good to go . I asked Som to send him home and immediately left for the river bank . It was nearly sunset and after parking the car I ran to the secluded spot where we always met . I didn't know why there was an unease in the pit of my stomach , warning me that something dreadful is going to happen . I prayed all way for Gulf to be safe . I heard Gulf's screams from a distance and hurried my pace . I couldn't believe what I saw . Gulf was naked lying on  the ground badly beaten and Rowas trying to force himself on him . 

Seeing me he screamed again ... "Phi help " and he fainted .

I reached Gulf  and pulled Rocky away from him . His friends who were enjoying the show ran as fast as their legs could carry . But I caught hold of Rocky and punched him straight on his face . My second punch made him collapse on the ground . I tied his hands and legs with Gulf's torn shirt . I opened my own shirt and covered Gulf's bruised body and called the Police . Sexual assault wasn't something I was going to tackle on my own . Thankfully the Chief of our district police station was Champ , one of my senior in school. Not long after the police team reached the spot and arrested Rocky . And I carried Gulf to the Hospital . He was immediately admitted and treated but was still unconscious . I called the orphanage and informed . Aunty along with Liz and Ethen came . Aunty kept crying and Liz kept asking what happened to her Phi . Though my heart was in turmoil ...a whirlwind of emotions trying to escape as tears in my eyes , I kept a brave face and consoled Aunty and Liz that their Gulf will be alright . I was angry and full of guilt . I kept visualizing various scenarios and What Ifs ?

What if I hadn't reached on time .

What if I had told him to go to the orphanage directly .

What if I had picked him up from the school in my car .

What if I had not hit the kid . 

I could have saved Gulf from this suffering . 

The doctor came out and said Gulf was out of danger but was still in shock . I entered the room and Gulf started crying again . I held him tightly and tried to calm him . After good one hour I forced Aunty and the kids to go back and decided to stay with Gulf . It was a very restless night both for Gulf and Me . He woke up many times to his nightmares and the fever also ran high . Next morning we made an official complaint in the police station .  Gulf was in the hospital so Champ came personally to take the statement . Phi Champ said the boy I had hit was also their accomplice of Rocky who was trying to stall me.  I knew Rocky's father would use all his channels to release his son and I would never let Rocky move openly . If he is such a brute at 18 what a criminal he would be at 20 . I called the TV channel reporters and released the video from earlier . I also gave an interview as I was the eye witness of this whole incident . 

The whole of Sondara was in utter shock . This was huge . Many other issues like money laundering and misuse of power , which had been suppressed earlier came into light . Rocky was given one year of jail as he was already an adult . The Mayor had to resign . I knew he wouldn't keep quite but my foremost concern was Gulf's safety . I picked him in the morning for school and dropped him in the orphanage in the evening . Aunty did not allow him to go anywhere . I knew people had started talking about us , curious to know why an University lecturer who came from such an affluent family had entangled himself to that orphan . I didn't care . Gulf had no idea , he still don't... that I love him . I never asked him to be my boyfriend . He called me  Phi and trusted me blindly . I knew I was important for him and held a special place in his heart . For now I was content with that . 

A couple of months passed , I had started to relax when suddenly the whole town was blazing with posters of Me and Gulf . The town committee was conservative . My dad was a member of the committee too . They called me for an open meeting . My Dad and me had an argument the day before the meeting . He asked me to renounce having any relation with 'That Boy ' . I refused to lie and decided to stay true to my feelings . He said I had to decide between Them and Gulf .... I was already prepared for that so I told them that the orphan boy had no one except me . I didn't sleep a wink that night . 

Next morning I went to meet Gulf . He as expected had heard everything and had decided to stay away from me . It needed quite some pacifying to make Gulf understand that even if I refuse everything the people of Sondara  would never let us live in peace , so it was better to tell the  truth . Gulf came to the meeting with me even though I did not want him to , saying he was as much a part of this as I was . 

The hall was packed and some people did not allow Gulf to enter . I held his hand and asked him to wait outside as I went in. My dad was sitting in the first row without any emotion while Mae was crying in the corner . They proposed to find a girl for me to marry and for me to cut all ties with Gulf . I refused and walked away .

Present time 

Me: Gulf cried the whole way . And friends, here we are with nothing but our determination to make a good life and you all to call as my family . 

Bright : You have not told Gulf that you love him . ( I shook my head ) 

Win : You are really a specimen ,good enough to keep in the museum .  Really Mew It has been so many months yet you are hesitating . It is clear as day that Gulf adores you . 

Me : Hmmm 

Bright : What hmmm? Do it now . Propose him now . 

At that moment Gulf entered the living room with a tray full of glasses . 

Gulf : What are you asking Phi to do ? 

Me : Gulf I had to tell you something .....umm.....I wanted to say that ...ummm...I love ...

Gulf : I love what Phi ?

Me : I love you Gulf . Will you be my boyfriend ?

Gulf : I know Phi ....I know that you love me and I love you too . I have no one except you 

Me : (Shocked) Huh? Really Gulf ? Why didn't you tell me ? 

Gulf : What is there to tell Phi ? I thought you knew . You might be stupid leaving your family and property for some stranger you don't even love but I am not . I would have never come with you If I hadn't loved you . Moreover , I gave you flowers for months and you did everything a boyfriend does . We have been boyfriends since a long time .  You are funny Phi . 

All my friends started laughing at my embarrassed face . Bright finally declared that he loved Gulf earning a glare from Win . 

**************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYONE , HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING WELL . HOW WAS THE CHAPTER ? THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL DEAL WITH THEIR NEW LIFE IN BANGKOK . LETS HOPE THEY DO WELL .

GOODNIGHT 

DISHA