PROLOGUE

Gulf was sobbing , his loud whimpers and trembling body was a pitiful sight for the onlookers .....only no one pitied him . Every one looked at him with contempt as if they would have beaten him to death if they could . He was not allowed to enter the community hall of the tiny town of Sondara . It was not that the inhabitants of Sondara were unkind , atrocious or obstructive but some things just couldn't be accepted . 

Inside the community hall , a middle aged woman stood in a corner crying quietly while her husband sat on the front row with an inscrutable face . Her only son stood on the podium like a criminal under trial , looking at the ground with a grim face.

One elderly gentleman urged everyone to be quiet so that the grave matter can be discussed . The hall was packed with more than two hundred townsfolk who were there to witness this anomalous situation . 

Another gentleman started the argumentation . 

"So Mew ..... since you are Mr . Suppasit's son who is an important member of our community , we have decided to let this matter slide . But you have to apologize in front of everyone and severe all ties with that orphan boy . Within a year we will find a good girl for you to marry . What do you say Mr . Suppasit ? "

Mew's father only nodded in agreement without uttering a word .

" You said this will be a discussion but here you are the only ones deciding my fate , I don't think this is fair . " Said Mew with a firm yet gentle voice as he was a boy with a gentle and kind demeanor . 

" Ok ....So what do you want to say ?" asked another gentleman .

" I.....I want to look after Gulf and be with him . He is a good boy . He is smart and excellent in his academics too , keeping in mind his limited resources . There is no way I will break up with him only because you all find it difficult  to accept . I have not killed anyone nor have I harmed anybody in my right mind . I have only loved . I am sorry that my love life has taken so much of your precious time but I am not sorry that I love Gulf . " Mew said with finality in his words . 

The hall fell into dead silence and then there was an uproar of hushed whispers coming form all two hundred citizenry at the same time who were packed inside the hall . Never had they imagined in their wildest dreams that they would witness something so dramatic and exciting in that otherwise dull town . They then patiently waited for the verdict . 

After discussing for about ten minutes one of the gentleman said ," Mew ..since you have already decided, there is not much we can do . But you have to leave Sondara with your lover within twenty four hours . We cannot let your immoral acts influence our kids ." 

" Thank you , that was very generous of you . I hope your son stop stealing question papers from the Principal's office . And also Mr . Ronald , I hope your son stop bullying and molesting innocent kids which I am sure neither me nor Gulf had influenced them to do. I will leave right away ." Mew said and left the hall leaving all two hundred people gawking after him . He immediately went to Gulf who was a crying mess . Mew took his hand and led him out of the premises . In the car , Mew recounted the proceedings inside the hall to which Gulf only kept shaking his head and crying anew .

"Phi Mew , I can't do this to you . I can't separate you from your parents . I would have never approached you had I  known my love for you will bring you so much pain ." Gulf said in between his sobs . His voice was broken . Mew's heart ached seeing his love in such a state . He took Gulf's hands in his . " Listen Gulf ....I know what I am doing . Please don't blame yourself. It really isn't your fault . My parents won't be alone . They have each other . Moreover , my uncles and aunts are also with them . But you.....you have only me " Mew  stopped the car in front of his house. Instantly Gulf became nervous . Mew cupped his face in his palms and said lovingly ," Gulfie ...just trust me okay . I will handle everything " 

Gulf nodded . Mew went inside the house only to return with a bag of clothes and his academic certificates . He was twenty five who had joined the college in his hometown as an assistant professor after completing his Master's in Business Administration , while Gulf was in his final year of senior high school . Mew put his bag in the trunk of his car and headed to his next stop....Gulf's orphanage . The matron of the orphanage loved Gulf like her own son . 

"Mew , I am entrusting Gulf to you . Please take care of him . Even though he has grown so tall he is still a child . Forgive him if he does any mistake and love him . It is the only thing he craves for " She said wiping her tears . All the children were crying . Liz asked the matron " Mamma is Phi Gulf getting adopted ? " Mew couldn't help but smile . Martha Aunty nodded and Liz was immediately happy ." Phi please look after Phi Gulf for me . I will miss him . " She said to Mew. Only what she didn't know was that Mew loved her Phi as much as she did . 

" Of course Liz . I will look after your Phi . We will call you from time to time and when you grow a little older you can come and visit us ....what do you say ?" Liz didn't  reply but hugged Mew tightly . Martha Aunty hugged Gulf and kissed his temple . 

Finally both the boys , one 18 and the other 25 headed on a journey hoping for a beautiful and happy life with each other and never to look back on the town of Sondara again.

......................................................................................................................................

Hello everyone  . 

I am here again with my second Mewgulf fanfic . Hope you read and like my story . See you soon with the next chapter .

Disha