"Maybe it's purely a forensic countermeasure," Morgan states as he looks at the map, "He knows that mailing letters close to home would lead us right to him, so he drives far away to mail the letters to throw us off his scent."

"The Unabomber did that," Reid notes, "So did the 2001 anthrax suspect."

"He could have gone anywhere, but he's trolling the D.C. area," Rossi tells the team.

"It makes sense to stay close to Hotch," Emily mentions as she puts the pieces together, "He stuck around Boston to watch Shaunessy deteriorate—" She pauses as she realizes what she has said and turns to look at Aaron, "Not that you're—"

"It's fine," Hotch mutters, "I know he's been watching me. It's part of the reason I stepped down, so he'd think I was falling apart."

𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺

Jess walks down the hallway and peers out the window that looks out at the courtyard. She finds her eyes set on a girl walking across the grass, realizing that it is Noah. Jess quickly rushes outside and gently grabs Noah's arm.

"Hey," The blonde says. Noah turns around, a slight smile appearing on her lips.

"Hey," Noah replies.

"Where have you been?"

"I actually need to talk to you—"

"Don't say that," Jess pleads as she fears for the worst.

"It's nothing bad," Noah calms the blonde, "What happened with Parker yesterday?"

"We just talked about where we stand," Jess shrugs, but sees by the look on Noah's face that she needs to explain further, "I mean, Noah, you and him had your fights and you got over it. But it's hard to be friends with someone who hurt the person I wanna be with. And also he and I were friends and I basically took his girl," She adds with a small giggle. Noah cannot help but let a little chuckle escape as well.

"I know, I just don't want you to fight my battles for me."

"This isn't about you or you and him, this is about me and him. I mean, what he did to you was unforgivable to me. And he told me he still has feelings for you—"

"What?"

"I mean, I get that they can't turn off, but it still hurts to hear," Jess says and peers into Noah's eyes, seeing her practically speechless. Noah tries to find the words to say, but she is confused and not sure what to do about any of it.

"You don't still have feelings for him, do you?" The blonde asks.

"What? No," Noah asserts, "No, I told you, I only have feelings for you."

"It's hard watching you and him together, knowing he still feels that way. And I don't trust him, Noah."

"You don't have to trust him. You only have to trust me."

"I do trust you."

"Then, believe me when I say that nothing's gonna happen."

"But, Noah, don't you see how him still having feelings for you is a problem?"

"I—" Noah goes to speak, but her phone dings. She looks at it quickly and furrows her brows at the text.

𝐍𝐨 𝐈𝐃

Meet me in Montclair.
- N

who is this?