She didn't believe me.

I was nine.

I told her that I've been having difficulty in breathing, she said she understands me and that she had experienced what I'm going through, explaining to me that when as a child, the mind wanders and curiousness strikes. She said I am just curious about how respiration works, so when I think of breathing, I tend to control it and that's when my mind works to deceive me of not knowing how to properly breathe.

But I know that wasn't the case. I know I was sick. Though I never told Dad about it, I never wanted him to prioritize me over his work.

I bottled all the pain. Every day, I kept telling her I'm sick but she never listened and would just disregard me. I thought, maybe because of my age, I'm entitled to be imaginative and childish. To be playful and naive. But no! Does my title as a child hold no significance to my consciousness of health?

Until one fine day, she found me lying on the floor near the kitchen, unconscious. I was rushed to the hospital. I knew something was really wrong with me, but just then I was diagnosed with heart failure.

"Pres!" My sentiments were pushed back by a loud shout in my ear.

Chandiel!

"Pres, kanina ka pa lutang" She rolled her eyes while I showed her a smile.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked her looking intently to those wishful eyes.
"Wala! Nag-expired na"

"Dati nang expired 'yang laway mo" Aiden blurted. I didn't notice him. He is standing behind me, a few steps away.

"Yung sasabihin yung nag-expired, hindi yung laway. Sira din pala utak mo eh!"

"Callarse!" sabi ko habang hinihilot ang noo.

"Ano yun pres?" She asked.

"He said shut up," Aiden replied.

"Ayy, sorry sorry pres," she said.

"Aiden, bihasa ka parin ba sa paghahack?" I turned to him remembering he used to hack our organization's system. He once eliminated our transaction to a corporation. Turns out, it's his dad's. And no one really knows Aiden is an archer, well except for the team and now Santera. He always wears a mask when going to our trainings and meetings so I'm guessing he doesn't want anyone to know he's into archery, or he doesn't wanna be caught? Whichever, I know he's hiding the fact of relating to archery.
And it's to his advantage that we are not seen in public and uses only codenames.

"Bakit?" he asked.

"We'll use your skill in getting pieces of information from the police." I turned serious. Aaminin kong I'm bothered if this ever comes out. My image would be ruined in an instant.

"You want me to hack their system?"

"Malamang 'yon ang implication ng sinabi niya." Santera butted in at pumagitna sa amin, she gazed at Aiden at ngumiwi. "Didn't expect you to be this slow. Tsk tsk" pinipikon na naman niya ang kaharap.

"Quit for a while Santera!" no, baka akala niyo sinigawan ko siya. That was an emphasis.

"Hala Pres, Santera pala tawag mo sa'kin?" umakto itong nabigla at inilagay pa ang kamay sa bibig upang takpan. " 'wag pakiusap , 'wag!" she's trying to sound hysterical. No one informed me this academy's standard stooped low to admit a psycho.

Aiden's disgust is clearly depicted on his face.

"Ang badoy ng Santera, palitan mo naman 'yang tawag mo sa'kin" she continued as she scratched the back of her right ear. "Pahiram nalang ng apelyido mo pres hehe"