𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘯

Start from the beginning

"Oh, please, darling. Elijah will be back in no time." 

I rolled my eyes. "He better." I stated and walked off. 

Rebekah went on to tell us about how when they lived here, the governor at the time gave them gold in exchange for them to keep off the locals. Rebekah fell in love with the governor's son and wanted to change him into a vampire. Instead of a simple no, Klaus pushed him off the balcony. 

"Well, he wasn't good enough for you." Klaus shrugged. I sighed and looked down. Some days, he makes it so hard for me to be forgiving. 

"No one was ever good enough for me, Nik. You made sure of that. Now, where's Elijah?" Rebekah muttered. 

Klaus' phone vibrated. He looked at it and stood up. He kissed me on the side of my head before continuing on. He does little domestic things like that that makes me want to forget it all. I'm the only person he's ever gentle with. 

"Where are you going?" Rebekah demanded. 

"It appears the night is not quite over yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel." He paused and looked at me. "You're more than welcome to come, love." 

I shook my head. "No, I'm mad at you." 

He seemed amused by that. I'm not. 

"Elijah told me your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together." Rebekah snapped at him. Someone had to say it. 

"I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink, and when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of the witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the how, so I might take it for myself." He went on. 

"Yeah, and it better be abolishing it because I, your baby momma, am a witch and I will be damned if I can't do magic." I scolded him. 

"You're the exception." Was all he said before turning back to Rebekah. "Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today. Oh, and welcome home, little sister." 

With that, he was out the door. 

Rebekah turned to me. "How the hell do you do it?" 

"I don't sometimes. Now is one of those times. I chose to ignore it. Sometimes it goes away." I joked. 

Rebekah looked up at Hayley who was sitting at the stairs. "You, wolf girl, I'm gonna search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You two are helping." She said. I already planned on it. 

She led us down the stairs. "The governor had lots of secret rooms. I'll show you his favorite." 

She brought us into a room where the caskets for his siblings lay. Nice. 

"You think Klaus killed him?" Hayley asked, a bit worried. 

"We can't be killed, silly girl, but that doesn't stop Klaus from finding ways to torture us. He has a set of mystical silver daggers. One in the heart send us into a deep slumber. Klaus gets his jollies from keeping us in a box until he decides to pull the dagger out. That must be what he's done to Elijah." She explained and pointed to one of them. "This one's mine." 

This is Klaus' fatal flaw. I can deal with the other shit, but this is what makes me the most angry. 

"He keeps your coffin on standby." Hayley spoke, baffled. I remember when I found out about this. 

"He likes to be prepared for when his family members inevitably disappoint him." Rebekah replied. 

I shined my light to see a missing one. "Elijah's isn't here. He must have stashed him elsewhere." I huffed.