"I think he blocked me..my calls don't go through anymore." Genesis shook his head.

"Write his number down." Genesis said as they all walked out of the small practice. Fayth had received her paperwork and scheduled her next appointment.

"What are you gonna do?" Belle questioned before Fayth could even respond.

"Find him." Genesis said plainly. "Ghosting your baby mama is corny, ima find him and see what the problem is."

Belle dug through her purse and pulled out a pen and a pad, handing it over to Fayth they watched as she went to her phone and found Sameer's contact. "This is it."

Genesis took it. "Where are you headed Genesis?"

"To handle some business." Genesis replied coolly. "Why?"

"Just asking, Fayth and I are gonna go do some shopping and grab a bite to eat." Belle voiced to her grandson as she smoothed her freshly dyed hair back.

"Need some money?" Genesis pulled his phone out of his pocket, preparing to send a zelle payment.

"No I do not." Belle frowned a bit. "Keep your money, use it to buy the young woman whose tube of lip gloss that's in your car something."

Genesis gave her a confused looked looking into his car and seeing the lip gloss tube on the passenger seat. "Love you Genesis, be safe."

••••

"You never come see me anymore." Dana pouted as she stared at Genesis, who was fixing the laces on the pair of Balenciaga Track Sneakers he wore.

"I'm busy that's why." Genesis said sitting up straight.

"Well..I've missed you." Dana responded, not wanting to have a conversation like last time. "And I've been texting and calling you."

"Dana you gotta stop with that." Genesis fussed. "Texting and calling me and shit, that shit ain't cool. If I don't pick up the first time, why would you continue to call me and shit? Stop."

"Well if you would respond I won't have to." Dana got up from her spot on the couch and came and stood in front of him. "I be missing you..that's all. Is that so bad?"

"I gotta lot of shit going on in my life right now, I'm not gon have time to answer every call. That don't mean keep calling Danielle." Dana nodded meekly, she felt a little embarrassed. "Plus the last time I was over here you was talking crazy."

Genesis remembered her saying she loved him as he left her house the last time he was there.

"I understand and I'm sorry..I'll work on it." She kneeled down to the floor in front of him, rubbing her hands over his pants. "I can make it up to you."

"That's not even what I came over here for." Genesis stared at her blankly.

"It's Halloween..you don't like Halloween. I figured you could stay and I can cook and we can just chill." Dana suggested pushing her locs over her shoulder, she still rubbed on his pants.

"You asking me to do something that people in relationships do." Genesis responded pushing her hands. "We aren't in a relationship, we're... fucking."

"Barely." Dana scoffed. "How we friends with benefits I ain't even reaping the benefits, we ain't even fucking."

"Bye, Danielle." Genesis was deciding to leave, before she annoyed him more than she'd already managed to.

"Maybe we need to just stop whatever this is..I can just find me a new nigga to deal with." Dana spoke up from behind him, she was off of her knees and walking closely behind him as he approached the door.