Chapter 29 ☪ Lady Lucia

Depuis le début

    Before that, I need to get rid of this prison. I took off my bleeding sword and cut through the Iron Bars that were blocking my way. Though the prison seems to be fragile, and it's not that strong. Maybe because of the pressure or just that the Iron Bars are much older and rusted at the same time. 

    "I'll send you back once I'm over with the mastermind, however, before that, please Milady Lucia come out, I've come from afar by his highness the crown prince's order and from your mother's request. " 

    I took back the sword and kneeled. "Please milady, I know you are there, I wish to confirm if you are alive, please, " I started begging even though I'm the prestigious daughter of a marquis. To be honest, I never see myself as a special noble, but as a person who works for its people. 

    It's my duty to protect the weak from the hands of abuse. Isn't that what the Crambells Flag meant? The symbol of equality, duty, protection, and morality. To protect those who can't protect themselves, and to be equal with one another. That also includes justice, and the scales of truth. That is the meaning of Crambells Flag, and what it meant to be a Crambell. 

    I slowly turn into someone who finally sees herself as one that belongs to this world. Father had taught me that I'm a Crambell, I shouldn't forget that at all. There are nobles and aristocrats who abuse power for themselves, and so even if they exist, justice and equality amongst them still isn't dead. That is why, the Crambell Family is what it meant to be that kind of a nobleman and woman. 

    Slowly after the stiffness on my back. I heard a grasp of a woman's voice and when I looked, a girl not far from my age stood up. "W-who are you!? " she asked. 

    I smile and bow. "I'm S━, no I'm Ulysses, milady, " it's better if she knew nothing of my real name, I also told whoever knew about me to keep my identity a secret so I won't be a taboo to the empire and less get myself killed. 

    Besides... Ulysses, is a man favored as the good for nothing knight. He was a man who slayed hundreds of demonic beasts without doing anything. Yes, Ulysses is the scam of his generation. A good nickname for someone who'll soon disappear.

    "T-then, what house did you come from? " Is that even necessary? I shook my head and smiled. "I come from the House Crambell, I'm the adopted child of Marquis Rodolph. " 

    She smiled and nodded. "I-I am Lucia! Lucia Cullian! '' She suddenly ran towards me and she unexpectedly fell on my arms. I immediately caught her and held her shoulders. "Are you okay? "

    Why the hell did she do that!? She almost stripped and she was so clumsy— no, her legs had been injured, there were cuts and bruises all around her ankles. "You're hurt milady! " I looked at Adrian and gestured to him to find a cloth.

    She then grabbed my neck and hugged me. "I-I'm scared! " she yelled, tightening her grip on my neck. What the? What's wrong with her? Why is she so touchy? 

    Without any questions. I carried the lady like a princess and stood up. She wasn't that heavy anyways and I'm using my Artificial Abilities to lift her up and carry her. Then I put her down on a wooden chair and tried removing her hands when suddenly she tightened her grip once more. 

    "Milady, please don't worry, I will just give you first aid so that your injuries won't be infected okay?" she first hesitated but ended up nodding and she let me go. 

    As I said, I ripped off the clothes and used it as a bandage. Then I took a small cup of alcohol and poured down the clothes.  "This would be painful, but worry not! Okay?" she looked at me and blinked twice before she closed her eyes and nodded. 

    "You can grab on my shoulders if it gets painful so I'll stop, " after that I grabbed her feet and peered down the clothes, Lucia initially brought out a painful scream but when she held me, she didn't let go. Then, I tied a knot on her injuries and she grabbed me again. 

    What the hell? Seriously. "P-please don't go, " she said and I can feel her body shaking. 

    "Milady, I'll be back, don't worry they will protect you, " I said and smiled. 

--+-•-+--

    The lowest part of the gate is the bandites chamber, a place where he torture his victims and abuse them as they please. A girl was unlucky enough to be chosen first as a retribution for his entertainment, although it was just a minute ago, I could hear sorts of breathing and screams down the river of this cave. 

    Which is a perfect place for a bandit. 

    I quietly entered the room to find myself in a torture room. The door was unlocked because the door really isn't working, while of course the voice I could hear is just in front of me. 

    A bold and overweight man stood in front with his whips all over the place and a girl around the age of 15 or younger was chained in front of him naked and filled with scattered blood. The smell finally had gotten to my nose, and it stinks as hell. 

    Torture room ah? The familiar torture equipments that decorates the place, the chains covering all over the place and those electric chairs used by sexual maniacs. 

    I chuckled and smiled. "So, you're the boss, ah? " I said in a loud volume before reconciling my presence enough for him to shock and turn back. 

    "Y-you!? When did you come here? Who the hell are you? " he then looked at me. "This is no place for a boy! What do you want? " 

    Seriously, this pig is worse than a peacock. I clicked my tongue and sharply gaze at him. "I am Ulysses, my blade should be your opponent! " Oh, the sweet scent of battles and blood, this is the familiar aroma of what I am inside. 

    The pig took his weapon and tried hitting me with his whip but I was fast enough for his attacks. I immediately ran towards him, avoiding his slashing and blocking his weapon with my sword. Then I rotated to leave an attack from his opening area to his side. 

    Then before he notices me, I jump off to the back and strike his back. That was his opening, this pig got frustrated and he took his weapon and tried blocking my attack. "Ulysses, you scam! " Then when I attacked, he ate his own words when I pierced my sword down his throat. 

    Ah, this pig!