"Arey Shraddha beta Mera chashma Kaha rakh Diya. Zara Dekho to", her grandmother said politely walking behind her and sitting on the recliner.

(Shraddha, my child look for my specs where I've kept them)

"Abhi layi Dadi Ma", Saying that Shraddha went to her grandmother's room leaving a guilty Aditya behind.

(Just brought Dadi Ma)

"Amma", Aditya up his brows at Sarah, his grandmother. The eyebrow talking was to convince Sarah so that at least his grandmother will ask Naina to talk to him. But she twisted her old skin lips and put on her attitude.

"You fought with her unnecessarily... now it's your responsibility to get her mood back. What can I do in that?", Sarah shrugged his pleadings.

"Amma. Please, help me with this time. I promise I'll never scold her again", Aditya now knelt massaging her hands and legs to convince her. As Sarah is the eldest in the family so if she'll asks Naina she has to follow her order.

Sarah didn't listen to him and turned to watch the T. V. Behind him.
He scowled and leave the house without saying anything.

After Aditya left, Naina came out of the kitchen freeing her saree pallu from the waist, and realized he didn't eat anything too.

"Amma, Ye Kahan Gaye", Sarah scrutinized her eyes at Naina. Like suspecting something.

(Amma, where he has gone?)

Suspecting Naina's tensed eyes and quivering lips Sarah shrugged knowingly.

Everyone in the house is aware that Sarah is not like that typical Indian grand Mother-in-law. She respects and loves her daughter in laws as her daughter.

Rajasthan is one of the states with fewer literacy rates but as the case in Shraddha.

Her brother is very broad-minded. He has admitted her to the best school in Bikaner. And for her future, he has some secured savings.

He doesn't rely on Typical Neighbour thinking who always fills up his mind to get her married as soon she passes 12th class and gets 18.

Aditya has the best shop in the whole of Bikaner which produces sweets and the Famous Bikaneri Bhujiya, Kesar & classic Rasgulla, Kesar fini, Khasta, Ghevar, Rasmalai, Imarti, kayak, and, Chenna Malpua anything you can imagine as Rajasthani sweets and it will be available in their shops.

As Shraddha is interested in cooking she often suggests some new sweets ideas to Aditya. Recently, she made a sweet dish mixing two sweets which instantly gave her a good taste, she keeps experimenting with her culinary abilities.

Other than that, she's very good at her studies. Every year she secures the first position in her school. She wants to make her brother proud each time with her achievements.

She can't see his head low, not at any cost. His respect and care are her priority, it would be her last day on this earth if anyhow his head bows down because of her. She loves him most in her small family which has now added up to Naina.

Sarah turned to Naina and then spoke, "Let him go. You are not at any fault"

"But..."

"No, but-wut. If he doesn't want you to go into that room he should tell you the reason too. You are his wife, you've every right in the world to know the truth about your in-law's parents. Don't worry your mind he'll come to you. Believe me, nobody knows him more than his grandmother", Sarah giggled saying that.

Naina nodded unsatisfied and Shraddha came running giving Sarah her specs.

Sarah switched off the T. V. And started reading the newspaper carefully wearing her specs. At the age of 80s, she was updated about every world, Indian, and state news. That was the reason she has made Shraddha up to date on current news.

"Bhabhi Ma...can you please pack lunch for Bhaiya. He asked it!", Shraddha said combing her dark brown hair. Naina neared her and made Shraddha sit on the stool and parted her hairs combing them and making her hair into two ponytails.

Shraddha quickly stood up after Her hair was done and put her feet in the shoes picking up her bag. She heard the bike horn. Aditya was here for her to pick up.

"Bhabhi please fast... tiffin!", Shraddha said filling her water bottle.

After two minutes Naina gave her the tiffin but it was only for Shraddha. Shraddha looked at the tiffin confused.

"Bhabhi Ma. Where is Bhaiya's tiffin?!", Naina twisted her lips and ignored Aditya's teasing from outside which she was able to watch from the window. He was mouthing sorry giving Naina a flying kiss. Naina ignored and spoke,

"Ask him to come inside and eat his lunch after he drops you. I'm not gonna pack any lunch!", Shraddha's mouth widened at her Bhabhi's boldness.

She gasped astonished and came out sitting behind, her brother's seat on the motorcycle.

He kicked the bike and raced it driving at average speed.

"What your Bhabhi said?"
He looked over his shoulder for Shraddha to answer.

"I can not convince her Bhaiya. She has asked you to go home for lunch. And if not... get ready for your night fight"

"I can't get what's there in that room that you don't allow anyone to go there", Shraddha added shaking her head.

Aditya fell silent for a moment.

I can't tell you bacchu. I have promised Ma before she died that I'll never allow you to get even in his shadow. He doesn't deserve to see you. I can not let you know about him. It will be wrong to tell you about your father.

Thank you!

Character Aesthetic for Shraddha.
A/N, not good at making aesthetics😩🤍